Yacht Club dinner questions

bryanjaync

In the Yacht Club dining room at dinner......

1. Is there an everyday dining options, like steak, chicken, salmon ?

2. Is Shrimp Cocktail available everyday as appetizer ?

3. Is creme burlee and chocolate cake available everyday as dessert.

Thanks ( We are taking my 90 year old parents and this is what they REALLY like for dining)

Which ship are you interested in? The menus vary according to the region the ship is sailing in.

You could also have a word with the m'D on embarkation day - he may be able to assist with your request for these specific items. I'm sure he/she would take your parents' ages into consideration.

The one stand-out feature of being in the Yacht Club is that if it is in their gift they will go above and beyond to ensure you're happy and that you have a wonderful cruise experience.

We're just off the Divina in the Yacht Club. The menu has Salmon, Beef Tenderloin and Rotisserie Chicken everyday. Then there are 2 other entrees and 1 vegetarian option that will change daily.

Shrimp cocktail was not on the menu but we asked our waiter and starting the next night throughout the rest of the cruise they happily brought it to us!

I'm not sure about the creme brulee but there is chocolate cake everyday.

In the Yacht Club dining room at dinner......

1. Is there an everyday dining options, like steak, chicken, salmon ?

2. Is Shrimp Cocktail available everyday as appetizer ?

3. Is creme burlee and chocolate cake available everyday as dessert.

Thanks ( We are taking my 90 year old parents and this is what they REALLY like for dining)

Just ask and they will help you.

Yes, I've heard this to be true. Anything within their power to do, they'll happily do for you and have it ready the next night without you having to ask. I'm on next week so can look into any other questions you have. I remember their creme brûlée from 3 years ago on the Divina, and it was delicious! I had it almost every night! But I heard it's not on the menu every night any more. They have a beautiful pastry/dessert shop on board and I'm sure they'd bring up whatever you'd like to the YC dining room if your parents request it.

Just ask and they will help you.

Thank you for this thread. I sail Haven on NCL and booked Seaside for February 2019 since I have other cruises already booked in between now and then and cannot wait! Is it correct the YC restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

I'm leaving my family at home and sailing with my mom and between the YC and the spa access, I don't see us venturing out too much during the day LOL

Thank you for this thread. I sail Haven on NCL and booked Seaside for February 2019 since I have other cruises already booked in between now and then and cannot wait! Is it correct the YC restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

I'm leaving my family at home and sailing with my mom and between the YC and the spa access, I don't see us venturing out too much during the day LOL

Yes, it is open for all three meals. The times will be posted in your daily program delivered in your stateroom.

We have never been on MSC and I was wondering if there is any need or reason to book the specialty reteraunts if you are in the yacht club? Is the selection and quality of food as good in the yacht club as the specialty resteraunts? Can you get the same items in both places? Just wondering if I should still look into the specialty dining options or pacakages or not? If it helps, we are booked on the Seaside for June.

We have never been on MSC and I was wondering if there is any need or reason to book the specialty reteraunts if you are in the yacht club? Is the selection and quality of food as good in the yacht club as the specialty resteraunts? Can you get the same items in both places? Just wondering if I should still look into the specialty dining options or pacakages or not? If it helps, we are booked on the Seaside for June.

The only reason we ate in the specialty restaurants was we were status matched to Black Card status and had comp meals in 2 of them. We find the food on Divina very good and hated to miss a night there but still wanted to try the others. Be sure to get your status match from the highest level you are with another cruise line or hotel.

The only reason we ate in the specialty restaurants was we were status matched to Black Card status and had comp meals in 2 of them. We find the food on Divina very good and hated to miss a night there but still wanted to try the others. Be sure to get your status match from the highest level you are with another cruise line or hotel.

Hi. We will be two people in the YC, both status matched to Black. Will we get two specialty meals....one restaurant each for two people? If so, which would you suggest? Also, would I book with the YC concierge once onboard since I need to use our vouchers?

Thanks you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi. We will be two people in the YC, both status matched to Black. Will we get two specialty meals....one restaurant each for two people? If so, which would you suggest? Also, would I book with the YC concierge once onboard since I need to use our vouchers?

Thanks you.

I can only assume the perks will be the same on the Seaside so yes, on Divina, we each had vouchers for two dinners so we did the Galaxy and Italian one. There are several new restaurants on Seaside so will be interested to try something new. We let the concierge make our reservations. We got two of each of the black card perks.

Thanks you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did not get a voucher for the meal on Meraviglia. I gave them my black card when I arrived at the restaurant and the waiter explained for me what I could order.

I did not get a voucher for the meal on Meraviglia. I gave them my black card when I arrived at the restaurant and the waiter explained for me what I could order.

They used to put vouchers in your cabin for the Black Card complimentary meals, SC. I haven't seen them in quite a while. As you say, now you just let them know in the restaurant that you want to avail of the Black Card benefit.

JS ................. yes, you will get 2 complimentary evenings of dinner x 2 - 1 evening for each Black Card member. On Divina, each Black Card member gets a bottle of prosecco as well. I don't know if MSC will do that on Seaside. Only 1 bottle per cabin elsewhere. I've never been able to get a satisfactory answer as to why that is.