Planning another cruise while already onboard

livsmadmom

It depends on the cruise line, but if you sign up for the loyalty club and book a future cruise onboard, there is often some benefit such as a reduced deposit or onboard credit on the future cruise. On most lines that we're familiar with, you don't need to book a specific cruise, but can just book a 'future cruise credit'. Ask on board - you have nothing to lose by checking!

The primary benefit to booking very early is getting the perfect cabin in the location you prefer. You may or may not get a better price - sometimes prices go up, sometimes down, but in most cases (at least in the US) you can have your cruise re-priced if the prices fall prior to final payment due date.

I've made an advance cruise deposit while on a cruise with HAL - there was no specific cruise chosen - the deposit could be applied any time within the next two years - it was a few hundred dollars and the benefit was an on board credit totaling $100 - which is far more than any interest I could have earned.

I would not want to pin myself down beyond that - I know that some people love nailing down future sailings by making significant deposits, but I prefer to consider things in a leisurely fashion - and not influenced by euphoria of being at sea , which I think influences some.

My husband and I want to start planning our cruises better. Is there a legitimate benefit to purchasing a cruise significantly in advance and/or while already onboard a cruise. Thanks!!

On Royal Caribbean, the incentive is on board credit for the future cruise.

My husband and I want to start planning our cruises better. Is there a legitimate benefit to purchasing a cruise significantly in advance and/or while already onboard a cruise. Thanks!!

It depends.

On the mass market lines not really any discount for purchasing while on board. however often the luxury lines will give you 10 -15% ff the fare if you book on board.

Depends on the cruise line. We've done it with 3 different lines and we go to their Internet cafe and check the price there and then ask onboard and compare. Only once has it not been better onboard, the rest of the time we got extra obc or perks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've started making a future cruise deposit during each cruise that I sail. I have not booked another future cruise while on-board because I do not want to waste my precious cruise time dealing with such details. Plus, usually, I don't know: where to next?

As to pricing, it depends upon the cruise, itinerary, time of year, etc. But, I have found booking further out may offer better pricing. But, I have also found booking within a month of sailing has led to excellent pricing coupled with very reasonably priced upsells.