Cas Comped Cruise and Amenities

riddle

I have booked a comped cruise thru CAS and upgraded from inside to balcony. I was told I only got one amenity and no balcony OBC because comp was only for inside. Is this correct?

I have upgraded several times and always get the comp of the level that I upgrade to.

I have booked a comped cruise thru CAS and upgraded from inside to balcony. I was told I only got one amenity and no balcony OBC because comp was only for inside. Is this correct?

When ever we booked a comp cruise and upgraded we only got perks for the cabin level comped not the upgrade

The only time that I didn't get the perks was when I did an upsell. I have always upgraded to a Haven so I pay the complete difference between what my comp cabin is and the Haven suite that I want. I then get all 4-5 perks that's being offered. In fact, my upcoming cruise is a CAS cruise. I was being offered a balcony and I chose to upgrade to the Haven. I'm getting all the perks of the Haven.

There does seem to be some inconsistency.

My wife and I each had rooms for an inside, which we could combine for a oceanview. Instead we got a suite and got all four Free At Sea promotions + free guests. I called yesterday to see about rebooking and getting the Balcony Week Bonus, and was told that because our room was originally an oceanview, we can't. Even though we got all four FAS promos instead of a choice of one, which is what you get with an oceanview.

So which is it? Apparently it's both.

When it comes to comped cruises and CAS, all bets are off.

Since they are covering some of the cost, the rules are often different. And then there is the BIGGER factor - each person's level of play. One person could get a full suite and another will get an inside. All based on past play.

And, as I understand, the CAS side "buys" the cruise from the regular NCL side. Somebody always pays.

Bottom line, YMMV.

Reading these replies, I guess it depends on who answers the phone. I must always get the wrong person since we are consistently given the original room category comp, not the upgrade category. We have been comped and paid to upgrade from inside, OV, and balcony up to minisuites and suites so it doesn't seem it has to do with how far up you go with the upgrade (does what I'm trying to say make sense?)

I am in no way complaining about what we do get, I am happy with the perks as they are!

Edited by callmebetty
typo

There was a change last year. You used to only get the benefits of the comped category.

Then last year they changed it so you got the benefits of the upgraded category.

That's currently still in place for my next couple, though it's possible it changed again recently.

Stephen

The only time that I didn't get the perks was when I did an upsell. I have always upgraded to a Haven so I pay the complete difference between what my comp cabin is and the Haven suite that I want. I then get all 4-5 perks that's being offered. In fact, my upcoming cruise is a CAS cruise. I was being offered a balcony and I chose to upgrade to the Haven. I'm getting all the perks of the Haven.

Ditto. Upgraded to Haven and got all perks that come with it usually.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We upgraded to the Haven, got the perks (4, 3rd and 4th passenger not offered on this cruise), but did not get the onboard credit offered at the time at the Haven level. Our onboard credit was at the level of a balcony. Did not receive the Holiday credit either.

We generally stick with our offered comped cabin, but as I understand it you only get the promos associated with your originally comped cabin UNLESS you pay the upgrade to Haven. Then you get all the promos. Confusing???? Yes!

Best advice is to call and ask. Then, if the answer doesn't make sense politely say thank you....and call back and ask another agent:confused:

We usually have 3 or 4 cruises booked at a time for future sailings through CAS. Three of them each year are based on playing on-board and one from CET. One of my offers last year from on-board play was an OceanView cabin and I booked that while watching Balcony pricing. For that cruise, the cost of my top OV cabin (OA category) came within a few dollars of the lowest priced balcony. I called to see about paying the difference to upgrade and the agent put me on hold to check. She came back to the phone and gave me the upgrade for free.

Was it because the costs were close? Or was it because of the play I had shown on other cruises? Whatever, it never hurts to call back and ask. Upgrades are sometimes cheaper when you get closer to cruise time and lots of balconies are available.

When you upgrade to a suite or haven from any category you will get all of the offers no matter what. There are no choices with the suites you automatically get all of them.

Now the onboard credit is a different story you will only get the credit that your initial comp was.

When you upgrade to a suite or haven from any category you will get all of the offers no matter what. There are no choices with the suites you automatically get all of them.

Now the onboard credit is a different story you will only get the credit that your initial comp was.

Dammit skeeter, that actually makes sense! Thanks!

That is a blanket statement, but when you mix in NCL and CAS and PROMOS and UPGRADES- it is a dangerous statement.

For example, if you do the bid thing and get an upgrade, you only get the offers that came with your original cabin.

When you actually PAY to upgrade, you have now paid for the new cabin, and get those offers. That assumes they are currently offering those things. Unless of course it was some special deal through CAS.

If you get an upgrade just because CAS likes you, well.... maybe, maybe not.

On a non-CAS note - if you were to book a suite, you actually have an option on what you want to pick. Some people would NOT pick the drink package because of the 18% fee on each person. Don't take my word for it, but do a trial booking and you will see that you are given a choice.