Question about a specific drink mixer

NCTribeFan

So, since my last cruise to Bermuda, I've become rather fond of having a Dark-and-Stormy on occasion. I typically don't drink hard liquor, so I haven't paid any attention to what's offered on the ships.

Well, looking at a recent post that listed the bar menu, I saw that Carnival actually has Gosling Black Seal Rum, which is a "must" to prepare a proper Dark-and-Stormy.

But my question is this: do they have Ginger Beer? I don't think Ginger Beer is a popular soft drink on its on in the states.

I purchase my Ginger Beer at Target, that carries a brand that comes in cans. They have regular and extra-ginger, which is rather hot and makes a great drink!

I really don't want to drag cans in my carry-on (it will be heavy enough with my bottle of wine).

And, would it be really weird to take my own mixer to a bar and ask them to make my specific drink?

Has anyone ever ordered a drink that uses Ginger Beer?

Lastly, is there any way to find out if they stock this on board? And, no, I'm not going to ask John Heald. ;)

Hi,

IF this link works you'll see the bar menu which includes a drink that mixes rum with ginger beer. I often get it but they don't call it "Dark and Stormy" they just call it rum and ginger beer. I don't know if the bar carries the specific rum you prefer. IF your ship has a Red Frog Pub you can enjoy a rum tasting there to see if there's any other brand you might like.

https://images.r.cruisecritic.com/features/2016/12/carnival_bar_menu_indoor.pdf

Hey NCTribeFan- hope you're doing well. Haven't seen you or Wrigley80 in awhile so glad to see one of you pop in!

Regarding bringing a mixer for the bartender, I used to be partial to White Russians in my younger days. Carnival and Royal used to both use heavy cream in their recipes which I don't care for, I much prefer skim milk or 2%. On days that I knew I'd be at a particular bar, I'd bring the Bartenders some skim milk in order to make my drinks. No one ever had a problem with it and it seemed to actually ingratiate myself with a few of the bartenders!

Happy sailing!

So, since my last cruise to Bermuda, I've become rather fond of having a Dark-and-Stormy on occasion. I typically don't drink hard liquor, so I haven't paid any attention to what's offered on the ships.

Well, looking at a recent post that listed the bar menu, I saw that Carnival actually has Gosling Black Seal Rum, which is a "must" to prepare a proper Dark-and-Stormy.

But my question is this: do they have Ginger Beer? I don't think Ginger Beer is a popular soft drink on its on in the states.

I purchase my Ginger Beer at Target, that carries a brand that comes in cans. They have regular and extra-ginger, which is rather hot and makes a great drink!

I really don't want to drag cans in my carry-on (it will be heavy enough with my bottle of wine).

And, would it be really weird to take my own mixer to a bar and ask them to make my specific drink?

Has anyone ever ordered a drink that uses Ginger Beer?

Lastly, is there any way to find out if they stock this on board? And, no, I'm not going to ask John Heald. ;)

Carnival will take your Ginger Beer. It is alcohol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

. ;)

you have no choice. if you want to bring it on and if you are allowed, you MUST drag cans in your carry-on. it can not be in yoru checked luggage

This is encouraging! I did see Black Seal Rum on a recent posting of the bar menus. And if they make Moscow Mules, then they have Ginger Beer.

Maybe I'll take one can, just in case.

I would think that since Ecstasy now has an Alchemy Bar, they might stock a wide variety of alcohol and mixers.

No, mine isn't alcoholic. That would be a bit too much alcohol per drink for me. Like I said, I don't drink hard liquor very often.

But I just might have one tonight!

This is encouraging! I did see Black Seal Rum on a recent posting of the bar menus. And if they make Moscow Mules, then they have Ginger Beer.

Maybe I'll take one can, just in case.

I would think that since Ecstasy now has an Alchemy Bar, they might stock a wide variety of alcohol and mixers.

No, mine isn't alcoholic. That would be a bit too much alcohol per drink for me. Like I said, I don't drink hard liquor very often.

But I just might have one tonight!

I wouldn't count on Alchemy having any ginger beer. I have seen several people walk up and ask for a coke or Diet Coke and been told they have to go to a regular bar because they do not have soda at Alchemy. I am always amazed at the number of people who seem irritated by this...

Eh, I really don't think many people drink ginger beer as a soft drink. It's much more ginger-y than ginger ale. But ginger beer is a staple as a mixer for things such as a Moscow mule. While it's possible for not every bar to have it; at least some of the bars should have it. I personally wouldn't bother bringing it onboard.