Caribbean princes...mattresses

bostonfred

Reading reviews, I am getting mixed reviews of the beds. Some claim horrible mattresses and others claim they are new and comfortable. We have been on 25 cruises, but this will be only our second on princess due to rock hard bedding on ruby a few years ago. We will be mid ship balcony. Can anyone please clarify...thanks:cool:

Reading reviews, I am getting mixed reviews of the beds. Some claim horrible mattresses and others claim they are new and comfortable. We have been on 25 cruises, but this will be only our second on princess due to rock hard bedding on ruby a few years ago. We will be mid ship balcony. Can anyone please clarify...thanks:cool:

No matter what cruise line we are on we always ask for an egg crate for our bed as soon as we embark. We don't have to deal with the seam of the two beds in the middle and it makes any mattress good.

What I know is that Caribbean Princess already have the Princess Luxury Bed. Can confirm that next month.

I experienced the new bed on the Emerald last year. It was a lot more comfortable for us than the old ones. Comfort level though varies per individual.

Mattress replacement is an ongoing thing within the fleet.

There are reports that ships that are past the install date for the new mattress replacement supposedly still have bad ones.

It's a crap shoot with no way to verify that your cabin has a new/good mattress unless you can find a passenger that just disembarked the ship and your cabin.

We just got off a ship with the new mattresses and I have never experienced that nice a bed on any ship! It was so comfortable I wanted to take it home with me.

I agree, and can confirm also..

We got off in May, and all the beds have been replaced with the fantastic new mattresses.

Srpilo

We just got off a ship with the new mattresses and I have never experienced that nice a bed on any ship! It was so comfortable I wanted to take it home with me.

Ditto. My wife and I were on Emerald last month. We wanted to hang out in bed due to the comfort of the entire bedding.

I was on the April 6 TA cruise on the Caribbean Princess in a midship balcony cabin and my stateroom had the new mattress and bedding. It is definitely not the "rock hard" bedding of Princess past. I found it excellent. Perfect? No. I have my bed at home adjusted just the way I like it. But, comparable to a bed at a fine hotel. On top of the mattress is a foam topper that (at least for me) eliminated the split between the two bottom mattresses. No egg crate needed. I'm fussy about mattresses and I would not be hesitant to sail on the Caribbean Princess because of the mattress.

Also, my midship balcony cabin had been refurbished with new carpet and upholstery. Everything looked like new. I hope your cabin is the same.

However, I'm going to avoid the Caribbean Princess for awhile because of the downgrading of the buffet (I like eating in the buffet so this is important to me), as well as the propulsion issues. I have a fall cruise scheduled on the Royal Princess, and I'm very much looking forward to it.

The caribbean princess has the new bedding .we had it on emerald and love it very comfortable

Sent from my SM-G928T using Forums mobile app

Just got off the Caribbean princess yesterday thought the bed and pillows were very comfortable. Also liked the new World Fresh Market (Horizon Buffet) usually don't eat dinner in buffet but think we ate there at least 3 times. Thought it was very good. Did a few buffets on the Ruby in April. Didn't think it was very good at all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums