Time help

a.madruga

Assume you're arriving at the cruise terminal....Stazione Maritima? Most ships arrive early morning....are you sure about 9am?

One of our flights from venice was a noon flight to JFK. We arrived to Marco Polo at 9:30am and had about 10-15 minutes before they started boarding. (Its about a 20 minute drive to the airport)

So your timing sure wouldn't be within my comfort. No wiggle room whatsoever. Any delay and you're screwed.

Wow, who advised you that this was even possible? I would put it at no more than a 20% chance that you could make that flight.

First you've got the problem of getting off the ship. Even if you carry off your own luggage, you manage to get in the first group released, and the ship is cleared for disembarkation relatively quickly, it's still sometime between 9:30 - 10 AM before you're ready to leave for the airport.

Next you've got to get to the airport, a 20 minute ride if every single thing goes right. Do not count on taxis being available, arrange a car service ahead of time. It will cost a lot more but with this schedule you don't have a choice.

Finally, you've got one of the most disorganized airports on planet earth at Marco Polo. They will close the desks for check in at least 45 minutes prior to the flight, sometimes earlier than that.

So it could work but I sure wouldn't count on it.

Are you locked into this flight?

If so, I suggest doing self-disembarkation (which means carrying all your own bags) in order to be first off the ship and pre-arrange a taxi to the airport so you don't waste any time.

Even so....best of luck.

I am assuming that this is a connecting flight, not one direct to the States. There's no where near enough time for a direct flight but a connecting flight within the Schengen zone (Dublin or Madrid, for example) might work out if everything along the way goes your way.

arriving Venice 0900, have flight at 1155 will that be any problem? Any helpful suggestions on this Gratefully thanking

Leaving the ship around 9, I easily made a 13:00 flight out of Marco Polo (with an hour to spare, which we spent in a nice lounge), and that is with a 45 minute wait in line at Marco Polo at the counter, and using the peoplemover + an ATVO bus to get to the airport. It's important to remember that the check-in counters will not be open until 2-3 hours before your flight anyways, so getting there super early is not particularly advantageous. What I would do is when you fly into Venice Marco Polo is to get acclimated to the airport and figure out where your check in counter (for baggage dropoff) will be in the Departures area. Of particular importance, is knowing which floor it will be on. Yes - the Departures area in Marco Polo spans a couple of floors (which adds to the hot mess).... if you get acclimated before hand, you'll be able to go directly to the counter once you arrive.