questions about scheduling embarkation

I'm wondering if my cruise needs to be paid in full before i can schedule the embarkation time or if I just need to wait a little longer. I want to schedule as soon possible in order to get the earliest time. I have 202 days until the cruise and will be sailing out of Long Beach.

No, you don't have to be paid in full. It opened for me to schedule embarkation about 175 days out. I got my slot reserved even though I've only put down the deposit.

Same for us except the Magic for Dec put up the terminal entry reservation link just under 200 days.

Remember that it is check in time, not boarding time, that you have to schedule.

I was just about to say the same thing. You're scheduling your check in time, not your embarkation time. The time you choose is not the time you get on the ship.

Where do you schedule your embarkment time? I know it would not be available for my cruise yet, but I have not cruised since 2015. I just want to know where I should look for it.
Attached. Sorry about the rotation, but Cruise Critic requires that images be presented in Landscape orientation.

Capture.JPG.b41ddcc698db76b2194819a5ca9495f7.JPG

Where do you schedule your embarkment time? I know it would not be available for my cruise yet, but I have not cruised since 2015. I just want to know where I should look for it.

Again, you do not schedule your embarkation time. You schedule your check-in time.

These are 2 totally different things.

Which one decides when you can get into port? That's honestly all I care about. I am flying in the night before and am curious when I actually need to show up to port. They did not have staggered boarding when I first cruised carnival.

Again, you do not schedule your embarkation time. You schedule your check-in time. These are 2 totally different things.
Even more technically, it's explicitly labeled the "Arrival Appointment". You don't even necessarily get to check-in at that time, but rather you're allowed to arrive at the check-in area at that time.

But I think folks get the idea, eh?