Sydney answer by year end

9 hours ago, banzaii said:

Sorry all - been holding my breath waiting for that announcement for the new Sydney cruise terminal and didn't realise there was a rail project happening.  Is this the fast train, very fast train, tilt train, ski tube, tram, light rail, scalextric or monorail?

Like successive (not successful) Governments, I am very hypoxic! :classic_blush:

This announcement is for the fast train, and it is not an election stunt despite the election happening in March. I believe her as lots of miracles happen at this time of year. 

13 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Breathe deeply everyone, it will take another few years although we will all be taken for a ride before the trains are running fast. 

I meant the new terminal.

probably get fast train first.

On 12/6/2018 at 3:17 PM, SinbadThePorter said:

We didn't have that problem in Brisbane. So it can be done.

The real problem in Sydney is that NSW state governments have turned a great deal of harbourside property from commercial docks and such, into multi-million dollar real estate developments. To the great profit of their mates, and without any concern for future requirements.

As a result, the only land left that could be used as a cruise terminal belongs to the Federal government and the Navy doesn't want to give it up. You'd have to wonder why they should have to make up for the fecklessness of NSW governments.

So the cruise community is left with such substandard options as White Bay and Botany Bay.

Greed and development, the Sydney curse.

Not really true. If you looked at the Harbour as I do everyday from a point high up in the Easter Suburbs, you’d see that plenty Harbourside land is actually unoccupied. It is a national park. It would be difficult to claim that land back for commercial use.