RCI Cruisers go on the Carnival Dream - Our Review

MyNameIsGermy

Thank you for your review. I do agree that the public bathrooms on a Carnival ship are not as nice as Royals and I like the way Royal's flush better than Carnival. I did like the shows better on Royal but Carnival has the better comedians. I feel more comfortable on Carnival so I cruise it most of the time but I will say Disney is the best so far.

I have been here a while and this is what I believe to be the first comparison on toilet flushing....I did laugh out loud.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been here a while and this is what I believe to be the first comparison on toilet flushing....I did laugh out loud.

I wonder if they could finally answer that joke question they put at the end of most cruises.... is it salt water or fresh? :)

Great question! I book through Costco, here is what I paid (and what I got back)

Allure of the Seas (7 nights, 3 ports) - $7,571.09 - $900 OBC, $100 dining credit

Carnival Dream (7 nights, 3 ports) - $6,265.41 - $400 costco cash card

Thank you for the quick answer. Looks like RCI is appx 10% higher then Carnival in this instance. When we booked our 2015 cruise, Carnival, Holland, Princess and Celebrity were all priced within pennies of each other for a standard balcony. RCI was the only one more expensive at that time(NCL didn't have E Carribean at the correct time so I not sure on them). We went with Princess because of the cabin placement (like being up top and near front of the ship) and Carnival shareholder OBC and to try a different company. First loyalty is to my wallet with an eye towards value. Hopefully someday we can cruise on RCI and the other lines as well.

We've only done one RCI (Baltic itinerary), but the windjammer was much better than Carnival's lido--not in terms of quality so much as the variety. Carnival really caters to a basic American type appetite, whereas we really liked the curries and ethnic things at the Windjammer.

But Carnival's free coffee (basic Colombian that did vary a bit in strength from machine to machine) was still much better than the flavorless coffee that Royal put out. And Royal didn't put out any half and half (a cardinal sin).

But I do really love my huevos rancheros and arepa breakfast on Carnival. We like seeing the shows and RCI and NCL do more of this (aerialists, acrobats) than Carnival (although Carnivals singer/dancers have done a great job).

Looking forward to going on Allure next summer, but I'm sure we'll do more Carnivals too. We just did Fantasy, their oldest ship, and had a good time.

Have you ever noticed that the button to flush is behind the toilet cover on Carnival. I find that very odd and I prefer to touch as little as possible. Glad you got a laugh out of it but it is true for me.

Have you ever noticed that the button to flush is behind the toilet cover on Carnival. I find that very odd and I prefer to touch as little as possible. Glad you got a laugh out of it but it is true for me.

LOL said as a true female.... was not said to degrade you in any way.

Great question! I book through Costco, here is what I paid (and what I got back)

Allure of the Seas (7 nights, 3 ports) - $7,571.09 - $900 OBC, $100 dining credit

Carnival Dream (7 nights, 3 ports) - $6,265.41 - $400 costco cash card

Costco's prices are horrible...tried a few times to book through them. That suite price for Carnival is way too high.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

I enjoyed reading your review, thank you for taking the time to share it with us.

Our last few cruises have been on Carnival, but our next one will be Oasis of the Seas and I am really looking forward to it. So many cut backs on Carnival, and I wasn't happy with a lot of the food (actually lost 4 pounds on the cruise and that NEVER happens!). The Dream was a nice ship and we did enjoy the cruise but just noticed a lot of "little things" that we didn't like. A big part was the "booze cruise group" that was on the ship, they were so obnoxious it was ridiculous and super annoying. Oh, I'm sure there have been cut backs on Royal too, but for me the ship will be the destination and I'm so looking forward to exploring it and enjoying Central Park, the solarium, the aqua theater, etc. and I remember we loved the ice shows and main theater shows on our other Royal cruises so I'm looking forward to those again as well. And some of the different restaurants. Just wish we didn't have such a long wait. :)

Oasis is simply amazing

Thank you for the quick answer. Looks like RCI is appx 10% higher then Carnival in this instance. When we booked our 2015 cruise, Carnival, Holland, Princess and Celebrity were all priced within pennies of each other for a standard balcony. RCI was the only one more expensive at that time(NCL didn't have E Carribean at the correct time so I not sure on them). We went with Princess because of the cabin placement (like being up top and near front of the ship) and Carnival shareholder OBC and to try a different company. First loyalty is to my wallet with an eye towards value. Hopefully someday we can cruise on RCI and the other lines as well.

Different types of rooms will yield some different results as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Costco's prices are horrible...tried a few times to book through them. That suite price for Carnival is way too high.

Not sure I understand... their prices were the exact same as the Carnival website as well as another internet based travel agency. I price check them every time I've purchased with them and not once were they more expensive than anyone else.