Konningsdam: Which Varandah Cabins Are The Larger Ones?

Cahpek

9 minutes ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

Sometimes pictures say it all, this was our balcony 4156 on Nieuw Statendam. There were no lifeboats obstructing our view it was amazing, I managed to change to this one after booking a normal balcony aft(ish) on deck 4 couldn’t believe my luck!

IMG_1265.thumb.jpeg.3c64327f8719b41869437dad627c4eb6.jpeg

Yep - that's just like 4154. I see you also have loungers and chairs. It's a great space.

I stayed in 5048 on Nieuw Statendam (I believe it is the exact same as on K'dam).  I loved the room; but way more space than I needed!  I liked that it was at a slant so you could see to the side as well as in front of you.  

The extra window in the stateroom also was appreciated. 

https://singleflyer.com/2023/08/02/hal-nieuw-statendam-verandah-stateroom-review/

PXL_20230728_045330542.jpg

HAL_Statendam_Room20230726_105030095.jpg

• Thanks 1

We were in 5096. This is one of the large angled balconies mid ship. This was the best balcony as it gave plenty of shade or light. A vista suite was next door and that balcony was much smaller.IMG_3697.thumb.jpeg.191c8c6ba8cda104d3697330ede7596a.jpeg

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

We were in that cabin Dec 2022 - had 2 loungers (we asked cabin steward for them) plus 2 chairs w/footstools and 2 small tables.

Did not experience noise issues, but that may depend on how careful crew is to be mindful of keeping the noise down, so could vary cruise to cruise.

We loved the balcony and would not hesitate to book it again. We live on the balcony, so it's a major factor in cabin selection. 

I'm glad to hear it's better now.  We sailed in 4154 in 2017.   The noise (right next to my head every night) was quite bad.  Maybe after complaints they're being more careful.  This is what we got for balcony furniture.

4154.jpg.e29858fd3126a744449c32c93c3f7ff8.jpg

4 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

I'm glad to hear it's better now.  We sailed in 4154 in 2017.   The noise (right next to my head every night) was quite bad.  Maybe after complaints they're being more careful.  This is what we got for balcony furniture.

4154.jpg.e29858fd3126a744449c32c93c3f7ff8.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's what we would have gotten, too, had we not requested loungers and an extra table.

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

I'm pretty sure that's what we would have gotten, too, had we not requested loungers and an extra table.

We did ask and were told not possible.  This was in 2017, it sounds like things have improved.