Sheraton old San Juan or Hyatt place Dan Juan

Opinions please I have both hotels booked both with Bay view just wondering which be better, Hyatt is closer to pier and has a water slide tho small (my kid would love it) the other is great location for walking around in the eve. Wondering which is better? Also how much is taxi to old san Juan if we did stay at the Hyatt, looks like there may even be a bus so we still could enjoy Hyatt. Does anyone know what time the pool closes? We get in next Friday at 1pm figure by 3 pm we be at either hotel. :confused:

Haven't stayed at either but you should know that ships do not do embarkation from old San Juan pier. No hotels near Pan American pier.

OP obviously knows they aren't embarking in OSJ. And actually the Hyatt Place IS close to the Pan Am pier.

OP taxi from Hyatt Place to Old San Juan 15-20.00. If you haven't been to Old San Juan before you would probably like staying down there, but no reason you can't taxi from the Hyatt either. We usually uber to OSJ from Condado and take the bus back. Easy to catch the bus in OSJ in the big garage where they are based.

Haven't stayed at either but you should know that ships do not do embarkation from old San Juan pier. No hotels near Pan American pier.

I believe the closest is the Sheraton Convention Center and there's not much to do around there. I'd much rather stay at the Sheraton OSJ.

I believe the closest is the Sheraton Convention Center and there's not much to do around there. I'd much rather stay at the Sheraton OSJ.
We've stayed at the Sheraton OSJ many times in the past.....but tried the Sheraton Convention center the last time and found it to be much nicer place. The infinity pool area is fantastic with delicious food choices. Feels like more like a resort.

If you've never been to San Juan....go with the Sheraton OSJ. But if you want a nice relaxing day before the cruise, I'd choose the Sheraton Convention.

609b1a7245f979d856cb28429a455508.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

You will be surprised how the area has changed... The convention area district is super nice since more establishments has open.

I will prefer one million time now the convention area than Old San Juan but that my own humble opinion.

Sailor

We've stayed at the Sheraton OSJ many times in the past.....but tried the Sheraton Convention center the last time and found it to be much nicer place. The infinity pool area is fantastic with delicious food choices. Feels like more like a resort.

If you've never been to San Juan....go with the Sheraton OSJ. But if you want a nice relaxing day before the cruise, I'd choose the Sheraton Convention.

After your pic I'd choose the convention centre too. OSJ was nice but this looks relaxing.

You will be surprised how the area has changed... The convention area district is super nice since more establishments has open.

I will prefer one million time now the convention area than Old San Juan but that my own humble opinion.

Sailor

Thanks for the info, I'll have to try that area next time.