Carnival Fascination-Jeans

cruisekitty22

Being frugal all year long is the only reason we are able to afford cruising in the first place. I don't drop $30 on crap I don't need, because I want to be able to save that for more important things. In the same way, we don't spend $2 on a soda at a restaurant, we use coupons at the grocery store, etc etc. Every dollar counts. Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I hear you, but this still doesn't make sense. It's a pair of pants.

NOT going out to buy khakis has nothing to do with saving money for us!

DH just would never wear them and so wouldn't buy them!

Why assume it has to do with money???

Why assume your taste in clothing and style is the same for everyone who cruises?? Why even assume what goes in your city is the same for every city???

The folks on here that are the most strident about "appropriate clothing" might just learn to live and let live!

I'm so amused at how some of you nosy nellys think the way someone else dresses is going to change the taste of your food. I personally, dress up for dinner every night but the first. That being said, I'm not up in arms and thumbing my nose at anyone else in the dining room and how they choose to dress, however tacky it may be. Have some more chocolate melting cake and lighten up.

I've cruised with someone that wore what we refer to as a "Texas Tuxedo" on formal night. Nice blue jeans, boots, a button down shirt and sport coat and nobody blinked an eye. OP will be just fine.

The Texas Tux really does sound classy.............maybe OP will consider taking a jacket and dressing in that style. Very COOL!

Why assume your taste in clothing and style is the same for everyone who cruises?? Why even assume what goes in your city is the same for every city???

The folks on here that are the most strident about "appropriate clothing" might just learn to live and let live!

For crying out loud. I'm not going to get into a debate on what to wear.

Look, Carnival posted what is acceptable attire during formal night. If you chose to go along with it...great. If you chose to wear whatever you want and nobody stops you...then I guess that is o.k. too. It is NOT going to upset me one way or another. I'm going to enjoy MY cruise no matter what.

I just think it is silly trying to rationalize why you chose not to follow simple dress guidelines.

Are you feeding just yourself? There are two of us and spend that much per day.

There are two of us. I make a lot of things from scratch and buy very little processed food. It's part of why cruising is so great. It's nice to have someone else take care of me for a change.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

For crying out loud. I'm not going to get into a debate on what to wear.

Look, Carnival posted what is acceptable attire during formal night. If you chose to go along with it...great. If you chose to wear whatever you want and nobody stops you...then I guess that is o.k. too. It is NOT going to upset me one way or another. I'm going to enjoy MY cruise no matter what.

I just think it is silly trying to rationalize why you chose not to follow simple dress guidelines.

I never said I don't follow the dress guidelines. But really, what is the point of following them if no one else does? I used to pack nice clothes whch took up valuable luggage space only to see people show up in band tshirts and jeans. Therefore, I don't put in the effort anymore (or spend extra money on clothes) because I really just don't care. I'm there to eat, not to impress.

There are two of us. I make a lot of things from scratch and buy very little processed food. It's part of why cruising is so great. It's nice to have someone else take care of me for a change.

I cook from scratch too. Went to Acme today, bought two packages of steak (buy one get one free)$8.39 fresh broccoli $2, 2 containers of ice cream @ 1.99 ea. Turkey Hill, Fresh mushrooms on sale for $1, fresh OJ $2.50, chips we like on sale two @ $1.99, a couple tomatoes for $2 something. Did not get much change back from $30, The above is for 2 meals, but put one pack of steak in freezer. I don't know how you do it.

I cook from scratch too. Went to Acme today, bought two packages of steak (buy one get one free)$8.39 fresh broccoli $2, 2 containers of ice cream @ 1.99 ea. Turkey Hill, Fresh mushrooms on sale for $1, fresh OJ $2.50, chips we like on sale two @ $1.99, a couple tomatoes for $2 something. Did not get much change back from $30, The above is for 2 meals, but put one pack of steak in freezer. I don't know how you do it.

We have a lot of grocery store competition here so that probably helps. For example, one of the new stores sells eggs for 33 cents per dozen...I could go on but this isn't a grocery forum lol. Back to cruising!

Sometimes comfort is more about confidence than actual comfort. Jeans look better on me than slacks, which makes me feel better. However, I only wear jeans that actually fit me so I don't feel uncomfortable wearing them.

Anyway, people go way too far on these dress code threads. The question was if they would be turned away. The answer is that there's a 99% chance that it will be no problem. Unless you're wearing a shirt that says "look at me I'm wearing jeans!!!" Most people won't notice.

LOL pretty much true. I've given up and have joined the "I don't care what you wear crowd". Carnival should just fuggedaboutit!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Those who don't want to dress up on elegant night are free to go to the buffet

We recently went on the Queen Mary 2. For formal night, if you are not dressed appropriately you are not allowed above decks. Buffet only. For some that is ok. For some, they like to dress up and look nice. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Jeans are not formal, no matter what color they are.

We're fighting a losing battle. This same topic will be rehashed in a few days by a new thread anyway.

If Carnival enforced the dress code like they should, then we could say these are rules. However, with things a loosey-goosey now onboard, these should be referred to as guidelines.

Last word: I don't work for Carnival, so what you wear matters not one bit to me. But, if you choose to go your own way and are then turned away, then remember these threads and your responses.

Because that is how you do church jeans. :) MIne are usually starched/pressed even if Hubs' aren't. It's a Southern thing; you probably wouldn't understand. Bless your heart. :)

I'm a 45 year old Southerner who has been to church 99% of the Sundays I've been around, and just laughed out loud at the phrase "church jeans".

No thanks. I'll go to the MDR with the other underdressed and overdressed people.

If you have a problem with that, you have options too. You can choose not to look at my clothes or you can pay more to go on a cruiseline that enforces strict dress codes.

No thanks. I'll go to the MDR with the other underdressed and overdressed people.

If you have a problem with that, you have options too. You can choose not to look at my clothes or you can pay more to go on a cruiseline that enforces strict dress codes.

How rude, or you could dress properly

I'm a 45 year old Southerner who has been to church 99% of the Sundays I've been around, and just laughed out loud at the phrase "church jeans".

That's just what we always called them. You had your 'regular' jeans which could be worn just about anywhere except church and then you had your church jeans which were kept special because they were dark wash and had to be starched/pressed in order to look as nice as possible because you were supposed to dress up nice to go to church.

And if I wanted to dress fancyschmancy like the lady I am NOT, I'd sail on a different cruise line. While I'm not a drunken lampshade on the head sort of partier, I do like things a bit more relaxed which is why I cruise on Carnival and not Celebrity (which I couldn't afford anyway. I looked at their prices the other day. :eek:) or the Queen Whatsitmathingiedoo or whatever.

We used to dress super formal for "elegant" nights but have toned it down some over the years to a suit for DH and a nice dress for me, we have never felt under dressed or offended by those that chose to go more casual DH was turned away once on a cruise out of Boston to Bermuda for showing up in shorts and a polo shirt since then we always use khakis or black slacks with polo's and have never had any more issues.