How long to FTL airport?

We've done the normal disembarkation from that port 3 times now. The flights have always been between 11:30 and 12:00 with absolutely no issues whatsoever, I don't know booking flights earlier than that would be something I would chance...

How do you sign up for the luggage valet? How much does it cost and how does it work?

Cost is $25 per person. You will receive a form in your stateroom around midway through the cruise that you can fill out to sign up. Leave your bags outside your stateroom the last night of the cruise and the next time you see them is at your final destination airport.

Cost is $25 per person. You will receive a form in your stateroom around midway through the cruise that you can fill out to sign up. Leave your bags outside your stateroom the last night of the cruise and the next time you see them is at your final destination airport.

On some ships you can sign up via the TV. I used it the last time, but it didn't give me a confirmation anywhere. So I had to go to guest services to make sure. Better to just fill out the paper form and don't miss the deadline to turn it in. DS missed it by 20 minutes and it was a "sorry". Follow the directions in the packet exactly. There are different tags to put on your luggage before you put it out so make sure you put the correct ones on. It's the best $25 you will spend on the ship.

On some ships you can sign up via the TV. I used it the last time, but it didn't give me a confirmation anywhere. So I had to go to guest services to make sure. Better to just fill out the paper form and don't miss the deadline to turn it in. DS missed it by 20 minutes and it was a "sorry". Follow the directions in the packet exactly. There are different tags to put on your luggage before you put it out so make sure you put the correct ones on. It's the best $25 you will spend on the ship.

Definitely agree! I don't cruise in suites, but I thought I read somewhere that it was a suite "perk" but not sure of that. I really don't mind paying the $25.

We're coming back from our cruise on Royal Caribbean, Harmony of the Seas on Saturday 11/25. Our ship docks in Fort Lauderdale at 6:15am. How long will it take to disembark and get to the airport. What is a reasonable time to book a flight out of Fort Lauderdale?

As early as 1000 am.

If luggage goes on, when do we disembark? do we go to the walk off early line - sorry, I've never done this

Luggage Value people can usually depart an hour or so after self-assist starts. I believe they need time to screen luggage if necessary.

Sorry to so totally disagree. Perhaps you have been very lucky. There is frequently a long line to disembark and go through customs. Frequently sail from FLL and have always seen lines.

As far as luggage valet - are you even familiar with the program? Nothing to do with amount of luggage or being frail! You obviously don't fly home! Luggage valet takes my bag - I walk off, often in a line with the self-disembarking passengers. Don't even see the bag until the carousel at my home airport. Luggage valet is by far the best for many people.

I am happy you have never encountered a line and find it so simple, but I think anyone reading this for the first time needs to know it's definitely not always that easy.

In theory, luggage valet is great. I still use it even though twice we arrived in Baltimore to NOT find our luggage on the carousel. When we approached the lost luggage desk at SW, the first thing they asked for was our luggage receipts. We had none. They just shrugged their shoulders as they had no way of tracking our lost luggage. All they could offer was a list of other flights coming in from FLL to see if our luggage was on their flights. We didn't even have the name of the service RCI uses for the valet service. Luckily our luggage showed on other flights coming in up to 2 hours later than our arrival.

We don't know whether to fault SW, RCI, or the luggage service. I don't even think we have a good reason to continue to use luggage valet other than the cost has been included when we booked suites. (yn)

In theory, luggage valet is great. I still use it even though twice we arrived in Baltimore to NOT find our luggage on the carousel. When we approached the lost luggage desk at SW, the first thing they asked for was our luggage receipts. We had none. They just shrugged their shoulders as they had no way of tracking our lost luggage. All they could offer was a list of other flights coming in from FLL to see if our luggage was on their flights. We didn't even have the name of the service RCI uses for the valet service. Luckily our luggage showed on other flights coming in up to 2 hours later than our arrival.

We don't know whether to fault SW, RCI, or the luggage service. I don't even think we have a good reason to continue to use luggage valet other than the cost has been included when we booked suites. (yn)

Just for your information, hope you never need to know!

Have been using luggage valet for years and asked one time about the luggage receipt - the little UPC type thing that airlines normally staple to your paperwork, or give you to keep.

With luggage valet you receive a printed boarding pass along with your luggage tags. These are in your cabin, you attach and put your bag out - you know all this.

One thing a lot of people don't look at, read, or keep, is their boarding pass. The boarding pass has the usual information, seat number, etc., but also has printed somewhere on the sheet the little luggage recept UPC thing. Most of us usually don't keep boarding passes, especially if you have more than one flight. With luggage valet you need to - it's also your luggage receipt.

I know some people don't like the program, but my family and I have used since it first came out, mainly with Delta, and have never had a major problem. Missed a flight connection but Delta knew right where the bag was (another reason why I know about the receipt thing), and bag was delivered to home the following day.