ID for Kids on Bon Voyage Experience

2pbears

We are planning to have our son and grandsons join us for the BVE on the Grand in October. I am just wondering what the boys can provide for identification. As far as I know neither of them have a picture ID of any kind. They are 10 and 5. Anyone had kids join them for the BVE before?

Their birth certificates will be the ID that you will have to bring.

I believe they have to be the "real" birth certificates - not the copies most folks have on hand. Check to be sure what is required. Also, if they are grandchildren or something of that sort you will need further documentation regarding permission, etc. It's just like booking an actual cruise.

I believe they have to be the "real" birth certificates - not the copies most folks have on hand. Check to be sure what is required. Also, if they are grandchildren or something of that sort you will need further documentation regarding permission, etc. It's just like booking an actual cruise.

Their father will be with us. Will that be sufficient to satisfy the permission requirement?

You are correct, they need to be the certified birth certificates. That was the answer that the BVE desk at Princess gave me when I called them for one sailing.

You can also ask Princess when you make a reservation.

I second this, we took our grandson on he was 6 or 7 a few years back, do not recall answer... but I do know Princess told me how to override the id issue when I entered info into the computer for him.