OnBoard Booking

Kinkajou

Thx for the clarification, Marc. Not concerned about the reduced deposit or a temporary refund, since final payment is due in early Feb anyway. Also not concerned about not being able to transfer the future reservation since family is already "locked" in with air anyway. Just trying to save a few bucks on the fare for two suites with an additional credit.

Greetings, Flossie, from South Beach, You are correct about getting additional amenities. I noticed a booking bonus on the description of the cruise we are taking in December. I called My TA and she got it for us even though we were already booked. Nice payoff for a phone call.

We're on a cruise this Nov 2017, but final payment on the next cruise is before get on the Ship in April---so we're out of luck on that. I was hoping to get something when on the ship for the 2nd cruise. However we have a 3rd cruise booked for early 2019, so I'll be able to do that one. However the suite we booked is sold out already so we may just be out of luck. That's the way it goes sometimes.

We just made two onboard bookings (late 2019 and early 2020) and do feel that the benefit is worth it. However, in order to get the suite that you want, I would not wait to book a cruise (unless I was going to be on a Regent cruise within a couple of months as prices may have gone up, categories filled, etc. I am looking at the details of our onboard booking at the moment..

First, if you book onboard and get the $100 OBC and end up cancelling the cruise, you owe the $100 back to Regent in addition to the $200 cancellation fee (that can be applied to your next cruise). Unless you cancel within 30 days of disembarkation -- then they only deduct the $100 OBC.

As stated by someone else, you can transfer your sailing but an additional deposit ay be required. Also, you have 24 hours from when you cancel the onboard booking to book the next cruise.

I have never heard of a TA asking a client to book before boarding the ship and going to the Cruise Consultant to get the onboard credit and benefits. Doing the onboard booking prior to boarding the ship is the job of the TA - not you. We have booked before a cruise and our TA automatically contacts Regent the day we board and transfers our booking to an onboard booking and emails us the new invoices. Asking you to do this is an obvious sign of a TA that does not book any/many Regent cruises.

Just a note to anyone that is not using a TA that is experienced with Regent or is booking onboard...... you are missing benefits and is important that your TA has your best interest in mind. Regent needs to sell as many suites as they can and likely will not tell you when a suite is not in the best position, for instance. If something goes wrong, your TA should go to bat for you.

We always try to make bookings on-board as the benefits of reduced deposit and ability to cancel/move the cruise are very advantageous for us compared to normal UK Booking Conditions.

Some questions for those that have booked in advance of a cruise and then retrospectively applied on-board benefits to that booking:

1. If the cruise fare has increased do you still get the price that prevailed at the time of your original booking?
  2. Do you receive a refund as a result of the lower deposit required with a booking made on-board?
  3. Do you receive the $100 OBC as well as the on-board booking discount?

I wonder if we can do this with bookings made in the UK? (where we are required to make a 20% non-refundable deposit at time of booking). I will have to ask our TA and/or the Regent UK office

We always try to make bookings on-board as the benefits of reduced deposit and ability to cancel/move the cruise are very advantageous for us compared to normal UK Booking Conditions.

Some questions for those that have booked in advance of a cruise and then retrospectively applied on-board benefits to that booking:

1. If the cruise fare has increased do you still get the price that prevailed at the time of your original booking?
  2. Do you receive a refund as a result of the lower deposit required with a booking made on-board?
  3. Do you receive the $100 OBC as well as the on-board booking discount?

I wonder if we can do this with bookings made in the UK? (where we are required to make a 20% non-refundable deposit at time of booking). I will have to ask our TA and/or the Regent UK office

If the cruise fare has increased do you still get the price that prevailed at the time of your original booking? NO

Do you receive a refund as a result of the lower deposit required with a booking made on-board? NO

Do you receive the $100 OBC as well as the on-board booking discount? NO

I am going through these decisions now; book now and pay a 15% deposit or wait until I am onboard in seven weeks taking a chance that my category may not be available (new 2019 cruise so not worried about a price increase yet).

Marc

Marc,

Thanks for the prompt & comprehensive response. For us in the UK it is therefore a no-brainer to try to book on board (the more flexible conditions & much lower deposit will usually outweigh the risks of price rises and cabin availability)

PS: I think I remember you asking about what it is like sailing on Voyager when she is not full.

We have just returned from a B2B in the Med. Up until 2 months prior to sailing neither leg was full. By the time of sailing the first leg had been filled with paying guests, but the second leg still had 30+ cabins free; even to get to this level on the second leg, Regent had to offer some good deals (we took a late deal to extend). Also some staff had their families on board and the Regent UK MD hosted a number of European travel agents.

All-in-all this actually led to a very good cruise. Average age on board was slightly lower than usual, crew were not overstretched and no queues for dining :D