Religious Services Aboard?

CruseKrazy

Celebrity does not usually have a priest onboard, and even on occasions when I have seen that happen they do not do a daily mass. Most often if they have any religious presence it is a Protestant minister of some type. They are most likely to have a priest during Easter or Christmas but no guarantees.

I believe I read that Celebrity will provide a Priest for certain Religious Holidays. They had one over Christmas. Sometimes, you will find they have Mass by checking out the bulletin board at Guest services. Fellow guest travelers who happen to be Priest usually offer to perform services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will find a very detailed response to your inquiry in the Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ] section of Celebrity's website... Following is a link to the appropriate web page; tab down to the section specifically addressing Religious Observance...

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/help-and-faqs/during-your-cruise/all-during-your-cruise-faqs

There was a Catholic priest onboard for Easter last year, but no other types of religious leaders. My mother was very disappointed to not attend an Easter service- she did not feel comfortable as a non-Catholic attending the Catholic service.

You will find a very detailed response to your inquiry in the Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ] section of Celebrity's website... Following is a link to the appropriate web page; tab down to the section specifically addressing Religious Observance...

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/help-and-faqs/during-your-cruise/all-during-your-cruise-faqs

That link does not work from UK it goes to a .co.uk site, which a site search yields nothing for religious services.

Religious Services Onboard

Q.Are religious services available on board?

A.Celebrity ships offer religious services for Catholic and Jewish faiths, as well as, Interdenominational services during major religious holidays (see detailed information below). Guests of all faiths are able to host their own spiritual fellowship or group gathering by inquiring with the Guest Relations Desk onboard.

Catholic Mass: A Roman Catholic Priest will conduct daily mass during Lent, Palm Sunday, Easter Sunday, and Christmas Day.

Interdenominational Services: A Minister will conduct services on Easter Sunday and Christmas Day.

Jewish Services: A Jewish Rabbi or Cantor will conduct services during Passover, Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, and Hanukkah.

In-Port Religious Services: Please check with the Guest Relations Desk for information pertaining to your respective faith. Due to the varied itineraries, each ship has religious services information for local houses of worship.

Holy Land Voyages: A Roman Catholic Priest will conduct Daily and Sunday Mass during each Holy Land cruise. A Jewish Rabbi or Cantor will conduct Friday evening Shabbat Service during each Holy Land cruise.

That link does not work from UK it goes to a .co.uk site, which a site search yields nothing for religious services.

Sorry but, just as you can't access the US website, nor can I--and many other Celebrity guests who participate here on Cruise Critic--access Celebrity's UK website... The original poster resides in both Ontario [best I know, Celebrity's Canada website is virtually identical to the US one other than in currency references] and in Florida...

Cruisestitch has very kindly provided you with the text relative to religious observance as it appears on the US website...

Should you have other general questions for which Celebrity may well have published guidelines, suggest that you search the UK website for the FAQ [Frequently Asked Questions] section of the website--as referenced in my reply--rather than your specific topic of interest... Here, there are FAQ webpages that address "Before You Cruise", "Life Aboard", and--as I recall--"Post Cruise" topics of frequent inquiry...

Edited by Xport

There was a Catholic priest onboard for Easter last year, but no other types of religious leaders. My mother was very disappointed to not attend an Easter service- she did not feel comfortable as a non-Catholic attending the Catholic service.

That's a shame. We Catholics enjoy when other denominations join us in worship service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daily and/or Sunday Mass. We are coming from HAL and they have a priest aboard every sailing which is great. Juts wondering about Celebrity and specifically the Silhouette.

Dave

Sent from my Classic using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately, Celebrity only has Catholic priests onboard during Easter now. It has been this way for some time. Exceptions maybe for Ancient Empire cruises to Israel etc.

My response was not intended to come across as demeaning and nor was it intended to suggest that I am an authority above other contributors here... Rather, it was in response to your first post on this thread in which you said that "a site search yields nothing for religious services"... As you hadn't mentioned accessing the FAQ, I was merely suggesting that you might want to broaden your search given that website search engines in general--not just at the Celebrity website--are not always cross-referenced in so granular/specific a fashion as one might like... If one were to enter the term "religious services" on Celebrity's US website, no result would be returned either...

I always try to tailor my responses to the geographic location of the member posing a question and--if not listed or otherwise mentioned in the thread, as is often the case--I try, at a minimum, to note that there may be geographic variations in response if I'm vaguely aware [again, I can't see what they might be seeing; no way "to check" as you suggested above] of their existence...

Seemingly, no good deed no matter how well intended--I responded in what I thought was a constructive manner in that your first post here "quoted" me/seemed directed to me--goes unpunished in the eyes of some...