Australia Cruise thru Princess Cruise lines - shore excursion bookings

Not sure if this should go under Princess thread or not but wondering about shore excursions booked thru them for a 10 night Queensland Coast cruise. We have a large OBC and would like to use this to book shore excursions while on our Australian cruise. However I seem to recall now that you have to prepay for excursions. If this is the case, for the excursions to Australia Zoo and Great Barrier Reef, would we still have a good chance of being able to book thru the cruise ship directly on day of boarding or would these potentially be sold out? I just don't want to miss out on seeing some of these attractions but at the same time have a large OBC which I would like to put to good use. As well if I have to prepay it would be in US funds which suck right now as we are from Canada. Our on board ship account and OBC will be in AUS dollars which is a much better exchange. Any advice would be appreciated.

Not sure if this should go under Princess thread or not but wondering about shore excursions booked thru them for a 10 night Queensland Coast cruise. We have a large OBC and would like to use this to book shore excursions while on our Australian cruise. However I seem to recall now that you have to prepay for excursions. If this is the case, for the excursions to Australia Zoo and Great Barrier Reef, would we still have a good chance of being able to book thru the cruise ship directly on day of boarding or would these potentially be sold out? I just don't want to miss out on seeing some of these attractions but at the same time have a large OBC which I would like to put to good use. As well if I have to prepay it would be in US funds which suck right now as we are from Canada. Our on board ship account and OBC will be in AUS dollars which is a much better exchange. Any advice would be appreciated.

We have OBC for our next cruise on Princess and were able to use it to pay for an excursion booked through our online cruise personaliser. So you should be able to use your OBC to prepay any excursions you want to book online.

Leigh

We have OBC for our next cruise on Princess and were able to use it to pay for an excursion booked through our online cruise personaliser. So you should be able to use your OBC to prepay any excursions you want to book online.

Leigh

Haven't booked one for aloooooooong time but that's been my belief too.