Traditional Dining Qs

Traveling with an 11 month old. Is there a way to request a high chair in advance of our sailing so we don't have to delay dinner getting it the first night? (I imagine he'll be pretty antsy before the end of dinner as it is.)

We're thinking of doing specialty dining BOGO the first two nights. Will the ship notify our waiter/table so they are not waiting on us those nights? (Or will we just appear like inconsiderate schmucks unless we show up just to tell them, which with an almost toddler in tow is more challenging?)

What are the odds we'll get our request of dining just the three of us at a table for 4 rather than put with randoms? We're signed up for early dining at 5:30 on Freedom of the Seas.

stop by the MDR entrance after boarding and make the request for a High chair then. the fact that you have traditional makes it easier to have it ready for you

no the MDR staff is not informed. a quick stop by the MDR entrance upon boarding is polite esp if you will be sharing a table with others.

50/50.

I wouldn't worry about it at all, tbh. If you're worried that your kid will be antsy before dinner, get him a snack at the windjammer when you get on board. The dining room folks are prepared for children and will be able to handle your request quickly.

Good for you taking your 11 month old. My 13 year old daughter had her first cruise at 4 months. She doesn't remember it, but we remember how happy she was and how much attention the crew paid to her. Kids who start traveling early learn how to travel. My daughter is now diamond on her own and wants to be D+ before she turns 18.

Thanks all. Yes, we opted for Traditional Dining largely to make it easier with the munchkin, based on tips from CCs. I'm less worried about being antsy for food immediately than I am about antsy the "dinner" time has gone on too long before our entrees are even served. But who knows, the cruise is almost double his lifetime away, so my active, eager, curious, zoom-zoom, already crawling and starting to learn to pull up 6.5 month old baby might turn into a calm, placid, patient little boy by then, right?... :)

Lees, we will see how it goes! I'm trying to plan this trip out as a low key one rather than my usual preference for "run around and do everything". And planning is key for figuring some of the speed bumps in advance. I figure we'll all be happier if he gets his naps largely on time and we're trying to do less and relax more. That's why we booked the larger balcony room so we can enjoy it during his naps, rather than a larger room! (Although it seems the rooms on Royal are much smaller than our prior Princess ones, so hopefully we won't regret it.)

We've traveled with our granddaughter and can tell you that the waiters were great. Got her something to eat right away so she wasn't waiting for us. After the first day there was always something waiting for her. I know they always had high chair for but can't remember how they knew the first day. Enjoy!

I travelled with one of my nieces (and her parents) when she was about the same age. The waiters do go out of the way to do what they can. If you want to eat quickly let them know and they will expedite. If you want to try and make sure you have a table by yourselves (which you will have pretty good chance if you asked for a table of 4 - solo travellers don't typically pick tables that small), then as others have suggested, stop by the MDR when you get on the ship. Check and see if there is anyone else at your table and if there is ask and see what they can do for you. It might take a day, but they do their best and are often successful at accommodating requests like that. Especially if they see that you have a young child with you.

Yep, I asked for a table for 4. It didn't occur to me they might seat a solo traveler with just us, I more figured we might get seated at a larger table with others.

Trust me... I don't know of any solo cruisers who want to be an extra on a table for 4 where there is a family/group of 3.

Primary reason I love MTD - I reserve a time I like, then visit the MDR on embarkation day to confirm that gluten-free is notated AND that since I made reservations for the same time every night I can have a table to myself with the same servers.