Take part in research.

amajaa

I have just had this email and intend to go, £70 for 2 hours is a bargain plus I want to know what's in store in the future. Below is a bit of the email, its all legitimate in my eyes, you have to sign a non-disclosure agreement though so I cant tell anyone what they are thinking of :D

Dear Sir / Madam

P&O Cruises need you to help design the future of cruising!

P&O Cruises is dedicated to providing the best cruiseexperience for their guests. That’s why they have commissioned Basis, a leadingindependent research consultancy, to conduct a project looking at the cruiseexperience, to ensure they cater as closely as possible to the needs of theirguests.

As a valued former guest of P&O Cruises, we would like to offer you the exclusiveopportunity to share your views and opinions at a confidentialmarket research event, where you will get the chance to shape the future ofP&O Cruises. The event will take place in the Birmingham area onMonday, 11th September,and will last 2 hours – you can find timings in the table below. Your feedbackwill be invaluable in ensuring P&O Cruises are able to tailor every aspectof the experience they provide, to the requirements of guests like yourself.

As a thank you for your participation we will be payingrespondents who are selected to take part in the study £70 for their time.Please note that we are looking for particular groups of people who’ve cruisedwith P&O Cruises, so unfortunately not everyone who responds will beeligible to take part. There are only a limitednumber of spaces, so please respond at your earliestconvenience if you would like to be included.

Please also note that anyone selected to participate will beexposed to highlyconfidential material, and as such will be asked to sign a nondisclosureagreement before the session. Participation in the research is conditional onyour commitment to this agreement.

The rest of it is phone numbers and a link to the invitation.

Just as an addition, the idea they have put across to you, is that you need to sign a so called no disclosure document.

Under these circumstances is nonsense, and I feel sure would not stand up in court

Be careful folks!

I used to a lot of on-line surveys. Frequently companies were asking about possible new product, or variations of old ones, Eg new scents, colours etc, perceived value for money etc, etc. It is entirely reasonable for a company to ask for confidentiality when discussing new concepts and not unusual. Whether it is enforceable by law I couldn't say, but seems a perfectly legitimate request to make.

Edited by FangedRose
Typo

I didn't receive any call back from the company when I registered last Friday for a session taking place today. No surprised as I expect they were already fully subscribed.

I would have no problem signing a non-disclosure agreement and if the company were researching views for a new product then it makes sense to have a non-disclosure agreement in place.