Take part in research.

amajaa

just had an e mail asking if we wanted to take part in research for P & O. You attend a venue and get paid £70. Now obviously I assumed it was a scam but on checking google it seems it might not be.

Has anyone else ever come across this. Please note I haven't clicked on anything on the e mail or phoned the number just in case it is a scam.

What is the upside for P&O?

They get all the feedback via questionnaires, and the web, that they could possible need.

Why pay £70.00?

They might want feedback that can't be provided by a questionnaire, such as reactions to new designs for interior furnishings, say, or new menus.

So do you all think it is genuine then? It says it will last approx 2 hours so £70 is a lot for 2 hours but I suppose the expense of getting there has to be factured in as well.

I used to work for a company who did market research on behalf of large , well known companies. Is the email from PandO themselves or a market research company?

They were called "focus groups".

just had an e mail asking if we wanted to take part in research for P & O. You attend a venue and get paid £70. Now obviously I assumed it was a scam but on checking google it seems it might not be.

Has anyone else ever come across this. Please note I haven't clicked on anything on the e mail or phoned the number just in case it is a scam.

Ask on P&Os Facebook page they will be able to tell you or find out if its genuine or not.

I also received an email on 18 Aug asking me if I would be willing to attend a 45 min face to face interview with regard to P&O cruising. We are based in Leeds and the interviews are being held there on 6 Sept. They will pay £50 for a single attendee or £75 for a double (take who you usually cruise with). I replied to the email with contact telephone numbers for myself but have not heard anything since. The places are limited as they want people who meet their criteria but don't know what that is??? Will let you know if anyone gets in touch with me.

I think the original question was regarding the security or otherwise of the E-mail.

Well aware of focus groups, however, would ask how they obtained the e-mail address and were able to tie it into a P&O cruiser?

Also seems odd that different remunerations are being offered.

Would I risk my on line security for £70.00, no way.

But each to there own

I think the original question was regarding the security or otherwise of the E-mail.

Well aware of focus groups, however, would ask how they obtained the e-mail address and were able to tie it into a P&O cruiser?

But each to there own

Presumably P & O gave the company running the focus group the email address.

Like the water comany gave the company running the group I attended my telephone number.

But each to there own

The original poster said there was a phone number so there's no harm in phoning to ask. Also they , whoever they are , will have got the email address from P and O and know they have been on a cruise. The Op has not actually said if it is from P and O or a market research company.

I would give it a go. I also do online surveys and most recently a group in Manchester .

It is from a company called takepartinresearch.co.uk it was because I looked them up that I thought perhaps it was genuine having initially thought it was a scam. Still haven't clicked into anything on the e mail though.

amajaa

I have Googled the company, and my opinion remains the same.

If P&O had selected you to take part in a survey,why do you have to register with a outside company before hand?

In MHO I suspect that there is a fee payable to register.

They have cast a fly and are waiting for a bite.