Just realized PCCs must work on commission

sbt518

I'm going on a cruise in October with my cousin and she booked it so I didn't use my regular PCC. We put it on hold yesterday, today he called me!

He didn't sound mad that I booked it without him but he did want to make sure we called him to make the final payment. He said he'd look for any other promotions we can get and any possible upgrades if fares go down, though I don't think he'll find anything I couldn't see on my own.

I don't mind paying through him, he deserves to make a living as much as anyone else and he's a nice enough guy, I just never really thought before about the fact that he would care if I booked online vs through him.

Anyone else have a similar situation with a PCC?

Yes, they get some type of credit. I have placed courtesy holds on cruises online and had my and other PCC's calling me trying to help and actually leave messages stating don't confirm or pay anything online, call them to complete the booking.

Sorry but why should your PCC get credit for a booking they didn't make? It would be a different story if you called him and got info and pricing on the cruise before booking and maybe you left that part out but for him to call you if he didn't help with the booking in any way is pushy.

Sorry but why should your PCC get credit for a booking they didn't make? It would be a different story if you called him and got info and pricing on the cruise before booking and maybe you left that part out but for him to call you if he didn't help with the booking in any way is pushy.

He didn't help with the booking at first but he did extend the hold for my cousin for a day and he is looking for upgrades for us (thought I don't think he'll find any but we can hope)

So no, he didn't do much but someone has to get the credit for the booking so I don't mind it being him. He's a nice guy who has helped me a lot in the past and if this makes him look out for me in the future, I'm cool with that.

He didn't help with the booking at first but he did extend the hold for my cousin for a day and he is looking for upgrades for us (thought I don't think he'll find any but we can hope)

So no, he didn't do much but someone has to get the credit for the booking so I don't mind it being him. He's a nice guy who has helped me a lot in the past and if this makes him look out for me in the future, I'm cool with that.

Then absolutely! :)

I'm going on a cruise in October with my cousin and she booked it so I didn't use my regular PCC. We put it on hold yesterday, today he called me!

He didn't sound mad that I booked it without him but he did want to make sure we called him to make the final payment. He said he'd look for any other promotions we can get and any possible upgrades if fares go down, though I don't think he'll find anything I couldn't see on my own.

I don't mind paying through him, he deserves to make a living as much as anyone else and he's a nice enough guy, I just never really thought before about the fact that he would care if I booked online vs through him.

Anyone else have a similar situation with a PCC?

I don't think it is so much a commission as it is a quota that they need to make, and by going through him he gets credit for the booking.

I've had PCCs get annoyed with me when I booked through the site instead of through them. I explained that "my" PCC has changed so many times over the years and I simply cannot be bothered to keep track. I am happy to do it all myself. Sadly, a few things cannot be done through the website (changes, cancels) so when that happens, I'm forced to call. I even try just handling whatever through whoever answers the phone, but they insist I talk to "my" PCC.

It's all very silly. PCCs can't do anything for me. The days of a PCC looking out for you in terms of upgrades and price drops are long, long gone. Everyone at NCL is there to maximize revenue and handing out discounts when nobody is asking is not in alignment with that. Even posts here about "my fabulous PCC" are starting to be fewer and farther between.

I don't think it is so much a commission as it is a quota that they need to make, and by going through him he gets credit for the booking.

Commission would be a percentage of a sale. Travel Agents get a commission. A $1000 net booking at 16% commission earns them $160.

PCC's work on a minimum wage hourly salary + incentive payscale. A flat $$ amount per booking irregardless of the amount of the booking cost. So a $469 interior cabin on a 3 day weekend cruise would pay the same incentive as a $4699 balcony cabin booking on a 7 night cruise. A booking is a booking is a booking.

The monthly incentive scale is sliding and can be something like 1-25 bookings/month = $28 per ... 26-51 bookings/month = $45 per ... 52-81 bookings/ month = $63 per ... 82 - 100 bookings/month = $75 per.

The quota would be based on how long they've been with the company. A newbie is going to have a lower quarterly quota than a 6-10 year agent.

Edited by AdGuyMG

I've had PCCs get annoyed with me when I booked through the site instead of through them. I explained that "my" PCC has changed so many times over the years and I simply cannot be bothered to keep track. I am happy to do it all myself. Sadly, a few things cannot be done through the website (changes, cancels) so when that happens, I'm forced to call. I even try just handling whatever through whoever answers the phone, but they insist I talk to "my" PCC.

It's all very silly. PCCs can't do anything for me. The days of a PCC looking out for you in terms of upgrades and price drops are long, long gone. Everyone at NCL is there to maximize revenue and handing out discounts when nobody is asking is not in alignment with that. Even posts here about "my fabulous PCC" are starting to be fewer and farther between.

I book on my own or through CAS so never use a PCC. Awhile back I told them I did not want a PCC assigned to me and now I just call and speak to whoever answers the phone.

Well, I have been lucky with our PCC. I didn't find him, he found me!!

I had been booking cruises online NCL.com and never had any issues. Then about 3-4 years ago he got hold of my NCL account and called us introducing himself to us, followed by email from him to me. Then an excellent relationship began.

Just once I booked a cruise urgently and he kinda told me off so from then I make sure to email him to book. He sure helped us score a last minute cabin on a sold out CTN cruise. Then a few months later we decided to go on another last minute so I emailed him to book one - he called on phone to say he'd be on same cruise, so we met!!

One cruise I played musical cabins with him and surprisingly he tolerated me, lol. And just last Sunday evening I emailed him asking him to change a cruise, expecting him to do so the next day .... well Mon morning came and I got email from him - sent the night before - to confirm the change!

He is a great guy and we have swapped photos of our travels, and we are still waiting for him to come to Bermuda.

I won't use my PCC because they will never return my phone calls. Why should they get a benefit from me if they aren't willing to return my phone call.

Maybe you can try emailing them - this way you can keep track of emails. My PCC usually replies fast. If he is away I get auto OoO reply telling me to contact his colleague, but I prefer to wait for him to come back.