Southern Caribbean Jewel or Adventure?

I grabbed a 1-device Voom package on my upcoming cruise next month, does Adventure NOT have Voom? 🤤

Every Royal ship has Voom, whether it's the fast O3b service, or the slower geosync service. Currently, Adventure has the slower service, but cold get the faster service in her scheduled dry dock in Jan 2018.

We were in a similar situation. 3/10 on the Adventure or 3/11 on Jewel. the only difference was St Maarten (A) vs St Thomas (J). I liked the idea of the Adventure for my kids, but all of the balconies were sold out and I can't justify the cost of the suite. I suspect we'll be quite happy on the Jewel regardless. Good luck with your choice!

We've done the southern caribbean on both Jewel (7 nights) and Adventure (B2B) enjoyed them both but am also now looking forward to another B2B on Freedom Sept 2018. Love these southern itineraries.

Ashland you will love the Freedom. Beautiful ship. We took a family cruise on it 6 years ago and our oldest son got engaged on the Ship!

The ships are different but both are good.

Here is something to consider for your specific situation:

One of the ships runs cruises Saturday-to-Saturday and the other runs Sunday-to-Sunday.

Some people prefer Saturday-to-Saturday cruises because they get home Saturday night and have a day off before having to go back to work. But these ships leave from San Juan and a lot of people like to get there a day early and spend the night in a hotel to make sure they don't have a travel delay causing them to miss the ship.

If your ship leaves on Saturday it would mean taking a day off of work on Friday. It will depend if your work schedule allows you to take Friday off.

We are planning a possible cruise February 2018 to celebrate a "big" anniversary and a "big" birthday for me! :o

What would be your recommendation for Adventure of the Seas vs Jewel of the Seas and why? Also, when is the best time for booking "reasonable" flights and what do you consider "reasonable"? We live in North Georgia so we'll be flying out of ATL. We have always driven to Florida ports and do not usually fly anywhere, so we're kinda "green" to this idea? any help or information will be appreciated!

Adventure is going into dry dock in Jan 2018. Not sure what date. We were scheduled on her Jan 27th, Southern Caribbean. RCCL cancelled this sailing and now we are on the Jewel Jan 28th. I think she will be in dry dock for 3 weeks. So if you go at the end of FEB....she will be brand spanking new in some areas!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I would choose Adventure just because of the size. It's our 40th wedding anniversary on Feb 4th and we had to book Jewel because Adventure was full. We've been on all Voyager class ships and all Radiance class ones. Any of them would be fine.