Ford Lauderdale Hotels?

GordonJasmine

We are staying at the Four Points by Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port in January. We have an SPG card. Last January we stayed The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. which was right across from the beach and was in walking distance of several restaurant. The Westin was 11,000 points plus a resort fee. The Four Points will be 3,000 a night, we are staying 2 nights before cruise. It is undergoing a complete remodel so we are hoping for nice but we are not picky people as long as its clean. I'm not sure why the points difference but we are staying 2 nights for less than 1 night so we are happy. Free shuttle from the airport.
How is the Westin? I'm booked there in November for our Reflection cruise. Stayed at the W last year which was ok, but undergoing construction at the time.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

We finally decided on the Sonesta hotel. It looks gorgeous and is right on the beach. Lots of amenities and I found lots of

good reviews. We are really excited! Thanks to every one who posted on this thread.

That is the one I chose as well. After months of deliberating it was between Sonesta or Hilton fort lauderdale beach. I ended up with Sonesta because it was half the price cheaper than the Hilton. It looks really nice. I can't wait.

We are staying at the Four Points by Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port in January. We have an SPG card. Last January we stayed The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. which was right across from the beach .

I'm not sure why the points difference but we are staying 2 nights for less than 1 night so we are happy.

Not sure why the points difference? :rolleyes: For starters, you will need transportation to get into the city for two days. No comparison of the two properties.

We have just booked the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina for 2 day pre-cruise in November and was able to use their Price Promise Guarantee. Found the same room on booking.com and they matched the rate plus reduced it further by 25%. Prices vary so much that it pays to do a through search before you book.

We love Embassy Suites. I request a top floor with a view of the port because I like to wake up in the morning and see that "my ship has come in!". In addition to that, there is a great selection of dinner options in varying price points within walking distance, a Walgreens you can walk to if you forget to pack the suntan lotion (I've never done that) and it's very convenient to the port. They'll call a taxi for you, or you can call Uber or Lyft so you don't have to pay for/use the hotel's shuttle service. The hotel is a little dated, but the service is great, their break is included and it's a nice breakfast and the manager's reception is 2 for 1 free drinks and snacks - think chips and dip, pop corn, pretzels, etc.

Whatever hotel you choose, if it's near the port, you'll have plenty of good options for restaurants and such close by. Have a great time on your cruise!

We love Embassy Suites. I request a top floor with a view of the port because I like to wake up in the morning and see that "my ship has come in!". In addition to that, there is a great selection of dinner options in varying price points within walking distance, a Walgreens you can walk to if you forget to pack the suntan lotion (I've never done that) and it's very convenient to the port. They'll call a taxi for you, or you can call Uber or Lyft so you don't have to pay for/use the hotel's shuttle service. The hotel is a little dated, but the service is great, their break is included and it's a nice breakfast and the manager's reception is 2 for 1 free drinks and snacks - think chips and dip, pop corn, pretzels, etc.

And if you stay on the club floor you can help yourself to all the free soft drinks, snacks and candy you want.