Ford Lauderdale Hotels?

GordonJasmine

My daughter and I will be cruising next March on Celebrity from F.L. and we will be there the day before the cruise. I would so appreciate hearing from any one who has stayed in a F.L. hotel that is near the ocean or restaurants or anything else of interest. This has probably already been addressed but I wasn't able to find a thread on this subject. Thank you so much if you can answer.

We are big fans of the North Beach Village properties. There are about a dozen small boutique-type resorts. We love the proximity to the beach (usually right across the street) and there are a lot of shops and restaurants around. We usually stop in CVS on A1A to pick up liquids so we don't have to pack them so appreciate that is closeby. You will see others that usually look for someplace that has a free shuttle and/or free breakfast. NBV has neither, but for us, it's all about the location.

There have actually been loads of threads addressing this topic - you might want to try searching the Ports of Call section for best advice.

We are Hilton Diamond members so always stay at Hilton properties. Many people like the Embassy Suites on 17th. It's a little pricier than some and always filled with cruisers, but it's nice to have the evening cocktail hour and morning breakfast, and it is a very short taxi ride to the ship. There are also restaurants and shops within walking distance. A little further out is our current favorite - the Gallery One Doubletree. One of its perks is that it is a stop on the water taxi. You can ride that to restaurants, shopping, or just take a nice informative ride. It is also within walking distance of restaurants and shopping. Lastly, we have stayed at the Hilton Marina. A block from the water taxi and also walking distance of restaurants and shopping. The last two are a little further but still within reasonable taxi/Uber distance.

And definitely book ASAP - prices will already be crazy and will only worsen over time. Same with airfare.

All of the major hotel chains have numerous properties in the Fort Lauderdale area. My wife and I cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale every February and have found the area by the 17th St. Causeway perfect for our pre-cruise stay. Close to the airport and next to Port Everglades, this area boasts a great variety of restaurants, shopping, drug stores, etc. A quick cab ride over the causeway and your at beautiful Ft. Lauderdale beach. Hotel chains include, Hilton, Embassy Suites, Renaissance, Holiday Inn Express, Four Points by Sheraton, and many more. Make sure to make your room reservation early as these like most hotels in the area fill quickly during peak season.

Islandfan

The Embassy Suites is very nice, and you get happy hour and breakfast included. There are several restaurants and a supermarket within walking distance, too. Both the Renaissance and the Hilton are also good. If you want to be right in the midst of Fort Lauderdale, I would go with the Marriott, but it is definitely going to be expensive that time of year.

We have had very good experiences at the Courtyard Ft Lauderdale Beach both times we stayed there for a FLL and a MIA cruise. We only overnight precruise in this area and love G&B's across the street on the Intracoastal side...Bubba Gumps is at foothills of hotel on the ocean side on Las Olas Blvd. This hotel sits right on the roads in between ocean and intracoastal so views and access to water views are awesome either way. There is a Starbucks kiosk at this hotel for a nice morning of java and also a 7-11 in a few steps away outside of ghe hotel if that is your preference as another option.

All of the major hotel chains have numerous properties in the Fort Lauderdale area. My wife and I cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale every February and have found the area by the 17th St. Causeway perfect for our pre-cruise stay. Close to the airport and next to Port Everglades, this area boasts a great variety of restaurants, shopping, drug stores, etc. A quick cab ride over the causeway and your at beautiful Ft. Lauderdale beach. Hotel chains include, Hilton, Embassy Suites, Renaissance, Holiday Inn Express, Four Points by Sheraton, and many more. Make sure to make your room reservation early as these like most hotels in the area fill quickly during peak season.

Islandfan

That pretty much says it all. Would book immediately then keep checking back for better deal. Many hotels still allow cancellation without penalty as little as 24 hours prior to arrival.

We have had very good experiences at the Courtyard Ft Lauderdale Beach both times we stayed there for a FLL and a MIA cruise. We only overnight precruise in this area and love G&B's across the street on the Intracoastal side...Bubba Gumps is at foothills of hotel on the ocean side on Las Olas Blvd. This hotel sits right on the roads in between ocean and intracoastal so views and access to water views are awesome either way. There is a Starbucks kiosk at this hotel for a nice morning of java and also a 7-11 in a few steps away outside of ghe hotel if that is your preference as another option.

I'll second this Courtyard - since you mentioned ocean and restaurants this fits the bill perfectly. We liked the seafood place out the back (front?) door, on the intracoastal (Coconuts).

Only flaw with this hotel is no balconies.

We are big fans of the North Beach Village properties. There are about a dozen small boutique-type resorts. We love the proximity to the beach (usually right across the street) and there are a lot of shops and restaurants around. We usually stop in CVS on A1A to pick up liquids so we don't have to pack them so appreciate that is closeby. You will see others that usually look for someplace that has a free shuttle and/or free breakfast. NBV has neither, but for us, it's all about the location.

We stayed at one of their hotels after a cruise. Precruise, we stayed at the Doubletree next to a nice shopping center, and a canal stop .

Loved the North Beach Village property too. Very retro , updated and great check in service. Lot less expensive and close to ocean as you say.

You might also want to take a look at reviews on TripAdvisor. Their website might help narrow your choices with reviews provided recent guests.

Also, once you decide on a hotel, check prices by booking on the hotel's website with an AAA or AARP discount versus some of the web services, as you may be able to save additional $$$$.

We really appreciate all the answers. Has anyone stayed at the Sonesta Fort Lauderdale hotel? It looks really good. How about the Hilton Fort Lauderdale? Our heads are spinning looking at all the choices.

My wife along with family members are booked at the Hilton Marina before our upcoming February Silhouette sailing. We stayed at this hotel last year and found it to be quite satisfactory. Rooms are updated, and the pool area is very nice! Within walking distance to numerous restaurants and Walgreen's is a block or two away. Situated along the inter coastal, Beautiful yachts are lined along the waterway.

Give us a shout via this thread what hotel you booked! Inquiring minds would like to know!

Islandfan

Islandfan

We've done the same each Feb. Also inlcude the Hyatt Place which is next door to the Embassy Suites. Short cab ride (5 minutes) from there to the ship, and much cheaper than the hotel arranged (fee) shuttle. Many restaurants in the immediate vicinity. Make a reservation at your choice of hotel and then keep checking back as prices WILL fall if occupancy rate doesn't plan out to what the hotel expected. Most if not all have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel (again maybe 5-6 minutes away). You could also check out the chain motels along Griffin Road, however not many restaurants within walking distance.

The Embassy Suites is very nice, and you get happy hour and breakfast included. There are several restaurants and a supermarket within walking distance, too...................................................................................

Agree, stayed there for the fourth time 3 weeks ago and very pleased.

Safe travels.

We're leaning towards the Sonesta hotel. It looks gorgeous. Still wondering if anyone has stayed there.

I haven't stayed there, but I have stayed up on Sunrise at the Doubletree Galleria, across the bridge (west) from the Sonesta.

That location is a bit further, so your taxi ride to/from the port/airport will be a little more. I also see that it doesn't have balconies, which I really like so I can see/feel/hear the ocean.

When we stayed up that way we went to Primanti Bros (PA sandwich chain), and also a local Italian joint called Frankie and Vinny's (or something like that) back towards the bridge. The Galleria is a big mall with lots of other restaurants, too (Capital Grille, etc.).

If it ticks all YOUR boxes, why not?

We really appreciate all the answers. Has anyone stayed at the Sonesta Fort Lauderdale hotel? It looks really good. How about the Hilton Fort Lauderdale? Our heads are spinning looking at all the choices.

We've stayed at the Sonesta Ft Lauderdale Beach before our last 2 Florida cruises. It is a really nice hotel. Classy and very clean with every room facing the ocean. We would definitely recommend this hotel! There are taxi's outside the hotel to take you to the cruise terminal.

We are staying at the Four Points by Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port in January. We have an SPG card. Last January we stayed The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. which was right across from the beach and was in walking distance of several restaurant. The Westin was 11,000 points plus a resort fee. The Four Points will be 3,000 a night, we are staying 2 nights before cruise. It is undergoing a complete remodel so we are hoping for nice but we are not picky people as long as its clean. I'm not sure why the points difference but we are staying 2 nights for less than 1 night so we are happy. Free shuttle from the airport.