MSC Meraviglia Adventure 1st September 2017

kerryincork

Hello Everyone.

Today is the big day when we board the MSC Meraviglia 😀

We booked this cruise a long time ago so can't wait to get on board and see her for ourselves 😀

A lot has already been written about the Meraviglia, but I will update you on the main dinning room situation. Post more photos of the cabin (I have been scouring the Internet and didn't find many photos). I'll get some photos of the other public areas.

So we are at a 4 star hotel in Barcelona, not a tourist area, so to eat out here is cheap. We will be going to a local cafe for pastries and coffee soon (€3.50 each) before packing up the room and heading to the port 😀

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

It's a beautiful ship. The colours are very muted. From leaving our hotel to being in our cabin about 30 min. We arrived at the port at about 12.00. Only very short lines for all classes.

At about 14.00, I was looking at the port and only about 30 people in general boarding line, none in Aurea or YC.

The ship doesn't seem crowded or busy. But we went to have our lunch at the waves restaurant, but we were turned away, said we had to have lunch in buffet , but could dine in restaurant on other days.

We gave my choice dining. Went & spoke to maitre D. We can arrive anytime between 18.30 to 22.00 and be seated.

At the moment early dining is at 19.00 & 21.30 for Bella & Fantastica guests.

On the first day muster drill is at 17.15 in theater.

We have to get our voyager club member ship sorted out as I am meant to be Silver (from match) but my card says classic.

I have had a look at the bar menus, there are quite a few drinks included with the Aurea drinks package (€26p.p.pd) though wine is limited.

Package doesn't make much sense as there are drinks that cost less than the included drinks, that you have to pay for.

All ice creams at the deck 6 ice-cream parlor says 'items not included in any package'?b64eec5912b451efc367b10807c24870.jpg1030ab6dee1902c2cbb331c0974b5108.jpg3caeb628f1592f42bf9f2d8f961f00df.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Wow, the hot tub looks great.

Btw, the only scoop ice cream we could find that is included in the drinks package is at the water park.

There's only 5 or 6 flavours but they do change 1 or 2 each day.

Have a great time.

Well first night is over. We went to the Flamenco show which was very good, they have 3 shows a night, you are meant to book.

People check your cards at the door there was a bit of a crush, so in the end gave up. There was some who were saving seats. 1 group had a whole row saved, I did say to them that they weren't meant to save seats. There were seats available still so we moved on, the theatre filled up. People eventually just ignored them and sat down, but there were still 4 seats available in that row that nobody sat in.

We went in to dinner at 18.45, we don't like to eat late. It seemed to be a good time, we got a table by the window.

It looks like everyone has the hang now of how the ipads work. Our meal came out quickly and on time. As mentioned there doesn't seem to be as much choice as on previous cruises.

I am only small so there was a perfect amount for me with the extra vegetables. It was all hot and tasty.😀52d23923e01dd62c9d346ba862889775.jpg9f8a936659dbe7b922724ee53f747991.jpg

We did it on the TV in our rooms.

There are also screens around the ship you can do it and if you down load the app.

I did down load the app but didn't have time yet to set it up 😀

I tried out the wristband this morning, it works fine for the doors but not sure what's the point of them!

I had an early breakfast and it was nice not too busy, my travelling companion is a late riser, we went back up at 09.30 and it was a mad house.

I had pancakes and fruit which was nice. At 09.30 I tired some of the hot food.

The sausages I found were frankfurter style and very thinly cut bacon. I liked the hash browns.

The little pastries were nice and warm. I brought my tea from home, so can't comment, companion says coffee is ok.

It is extremely noisy in the buffet.

be381a14a086e97d2df7b30b6123ad81.jpg

I had an early breakfast and it was nice not too busy, my travelling companion is a late riser, we went back up at 09.30 and it was a mad house.

I had pancakes and fruit which was nice. At 09.30 I tired some of the hot food.

The sausages I found were frankfurter style and very thinly cut bacon. I liked the hash browns.

The little pastries were nice and warm. I brought my tea from home, so can't comment, companion says coffee is ok.

It is extremely noisy in the buffet.

be381a14a086e97d2df7b30b6123ad81.jpg

I love that you brought your tea from home. Its so Irish...i always do the same on hols 😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

Last night at dinner was the Mediterranean night. I forgot to take a picture of the starter, it was a Greek puffed pastry filled with feta cheese and spinach. I had the fish grill , followed by ice-cream Sunday. Again small portion compared to other ships, but perfect for me 😀

Other guests were ordering more courses.82614328ee1b46c901f61e619d6e83fd.jpgfbd2cdf68ca4b67ddb5bc5612b782273.jpg

The ship is lovely and the chairs are surprisingly comfortable, they don't look like they should be.

We were listening to a couple of young gitarists last night, we then had some quiet drinks in the sky bar.

a5e8331deef81a2f02443454a302c172.jpgaa9bdd9b51fb5a6b1b1975369a5254a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app