Liberty of the Seas Tips

X_X

Going to on a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise on 9/10 and would like to hear all of your tips.

Our ports of call will be Cozumel Mexico (9/12), George Town, Grand Cayman (9/13), and Falmouth, Jamaica (9/14)

I'm not exactly confident on how the weather will be, but fingers crossed for warm and sunny days.

I am wondering what our some of your recommendations and must-see/do things aboard the ship as well as at the ports of call. One thing we are interested in doing is seeing the stingrays and snorkeling. Are any of the shore excursions purchased from the Royal Caribbean website worth it or should we go out and purchase these excursions in person?

Does anyone have the dinner menu for the formal nights? Any and all other tips are much appreciated. Such as bringing own wine, bringing cups for the juices, the ability to adjust tip (if necessary), best activities and shows, any dining packages worth buying, etc. Please let us know!

Date Port Arrive Depart Activity

10-Sep Galveston, Texas 4:00 PM

11-Sep Cruising Cruising

12-Sep Cozumel, Mexico 7:00 AM 4:00 PM Docked

13-Sep George Town, Grand Cayman 10:30 AM 6:00 PM Tendered

14-Sep Falmouth, Jamaica 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

15-Sep Cruising Cruising

16-Sep Cruising Cruising

17-Sep Galveston, Texas 6:30 AM

Grand Caymans - great snorkeling available. I've used the sail and snorkel excursions in the past.

Cozumel - I used Fury Catamaran several times. If you go to Palancar reef you'll see alot. There are other reefs I've gone to with Fury I wouldn't pay to repeat. However, Fury is a great time with great Cats and great crew. You'll have a great time.

We did enjoy first night done right for a dinning option! If there is a murder mystery on your sailing your choices will only be chops and Sabor though! We requested Chops and it worked out - we also did Sabor with a $15 cruise planner reservation which everyone enjoyed!

Ice show is great!

Watch your cruise planner for discounted excursions. Also see if folks on your roll call are doing any private excursions.

We did the Western Itinerary...but my live-ish review has a bunch of dining/menu photos and how to ensure you get your FNDR reservation.

Live-ish from Liberty 4/16-4/23

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=24703&share_tid=2485991&url=http%3A%2F%2Fboards%2Ecruisecritic%2Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D2485991&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get there early for the ice show! In fact all shows! Seats go quickly. The shows were all incredible. The cast of Up in Air left in Miami. Not sure who or what took their place. I could have watched them every single night.

The Cruise Director, Drew Devine is hysterical. Don't miss his morning show. If you are good with comedy you can drop notes to him in the box at Guest Services for him to read on air. Somebody gifted him two pesos and we were rolling!

We ordered room service coffee every morning! We had coffee before the Windjammer. I took an Artic cup. There is an ice machine at the Promenade Coffee shop. They have ice tea you can get yourself and put in your cup. I took my cup to the pool.

Look for Gina in the morning when you go to the Windjammer. She thanks everybody for smiling and tells you "No washy washy, no yummy yummy"! You will just adore her! She makes little folded paper boats. I told her my next cruise would be Gina of the Seas.

My kids loved the shushi in the Windjammer at night. Sorrentos Pizza is really good! We went there after the shows.

The Shopping Lady took us downtown Cozumel and paid for the taxi down. If you don't have an excursion then take advantage of her paying your way downtown. We stayed in Diamond International until the drawing then we took off. Taxi fares are very reasonable. There is really good shopping and if you take the handouts you can get the free charms and pendants. They are worthless but my grandkids had a blast collecting them.

There are tons of dolphins in Galveston so watch for them! We saw them at sail away and again when we came back in. It should be dark when you get back in to Galveston so you might miss them.

Love this itinerary. I would recommend a ship excursion in Jamaica because of how far everything is from port. We loved stingray island in Grand Cayman. Cozumel is usually just a port day & then back to the ship to enjoy the empty ship

Love the ice show, the quest (adults only), the In the Air show & Love and Marriage.

My favorite speciality restaurant is Sabor.

If you like Martinis the R Bar is the place to go.

Just enjoy Liberty. She's a great ship

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Done this cruise before out of Galveston and Fort Lauderdale. Cozumel we love the Bar Hop. What an awesome fun day. Been to Mr. Sanchos and Nachi and they were ok at best. Grand Cayman we love a trip to Stingray City. Best to find a tour that will take you to Starfish Beach as well. Only been to Jamaica once and went to a resort for a day. Had a great time and will do it again this trip coming up in 5 days from now.

Soak in the sun fill up on Rum and relax.

JoeRum