Harmony Of The Seas August 26th - Short Review

lisa70

Just off the HOS..

We got to Port Everglade at 10:45 am Traffic is awful trying to get to terminal. Check in was swift and easy, on the ship by 11:05 am. The ship overall is just amazing. 1st stop boleros for our WOW bands ($4.95) per press. worth it. It was rainy and overcast so everyone pretty much was inside.

Voom internet to set up internet and wifi for the week. This is a high speed internet. It worked amazing i was able to text, call like i was at home. Well worth the money. Also set up Royal IQ

Next stop dining room to make reservations for specialty dining. 1st night Chops and Jamie's the second night. After dinner at Jamie's i went straight to guest relations and requested a full refund. Chops steak was like leather and tested burnt. Jamie's was just as bad. Very disappointed. The food is a struggle on the ship. The quality of the food is very very poor. Breakfast was ok in American Icon deck 3 Lunch in American Icon was average. I did eat in Izumi Hibachi that was good and Johnny Rockets was ok. If Food is important to you this is not the ship.

Rooms open at 1:00 pm room 8222 (bed placement was balcony) small but big enough for 2 people.

Entertainment: Grease was a great show and we also did the Ice show and Aqua show overall great shows

Ship docked at 5:15 am did express walk off. in line at 6:00 am off the ship cleared customs by 6:15 at FLL airport at the gate by 6:40am for a 10:45am departure home.

The Harmony is an awesome ship. The service for the staff is great. If you have any questions i can try and answer.

Thank you for your review! We have found on all the RC ships that we been on that Chops has gone way downhill the past three years. We dine at the specialty restaurants every night (hate the MDR food and service) and we figured lets just go to Chops two evenings, well, not to our surprise we had not so good service, my steak was so bad that I just had the waiter take it away from me (NY Strip) and he offered to give me a Filet which I gladly accepted and that was so burnt that I had to cut off all the ends to get some beef....and it was overcooked also ugh! My father in law had some type of fish which he said was undercooked and my other half was not impressed with his steak either but tolerated eating it. We were so disappointed in this meal that we just didn't even want dessert and just wanted to get out of there and on our way out I cancelled our second evening there.

Jaimie's well, what the heck does an Englishman know about Italian I said to myself before dining here but figured let me make three nights reservations here and hope for the best.....again, not surprised it was not real Italian food but American Italian and very close to Carraba's and Olive Garden (typical Italian fast food). We cancelled the other two reservations there....we ended up eating all the remaining evenings at 150 Central Park and to be honest it was overall excellent!

I TOTALLY agree with you, sorry you experienced the same but it is what it is and when I go on the Oasis in October, you know where I won't be going to lol.

Jaimie's well, what the heck does an Englishman know about Italian I said to myself before dining here but figured let me make three nights reservations here and hope for the best.....again, not surprised it was not real Italian food but American Italian and very close to Carraba's and Olive Garden (typical Italian fast food). We cancelled the other two reservations there....we ended up eating all the remaining evenings at 150 Central Park and to be honest it was overall excellent!

This made me laugh because in the UK that's exactly what Jamie's Italian is, a mid range chain that's similar to your Olive Garden.

I've always been amazed that RCL sells it as a premium restaurant.

Julie

Did you eat in the Windjammer, if so how was it, we will be sailing on HOS next month.

I ate dinner in Windjammer a few nights back in July. Was good for a buffet. Did a number of breakfasts and lunches there as well. Just don't go during peak times as it can get busy. Park cafe was good as well. Didn't feel too busy for an early morning breakfast and loved sitting outside in Central Park. Sorrentos made to order pizza was surprisingly good. Ate lunch at Solarium once and was good as well. Meant to go back but just too many other options.

By the time the cruise was over I had finally figured out where to go for what and when. Will just have to go back on her again now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting how subjective food is. I just finished reading another review of this same cruise and they were raving about the food! We also preferred 150 Central Park, and found all the food to be surprisingly good wherever we dined. But that was in the Med last summer so perhaps that is the difference.

Interesting how subjective food is. I just finished reading another review of this same cruise and they were raving about the food! We also preferred 150 Central Park, and found all the food to be surprisingly good wherever we dined. But that was in the Med last summer so perhaps that is the difference.

I know. I'm definitely not a foodie. Just happy for the variety of food that someone else cooks and cleans up for me! Never heard of anyone going hungry on one of these cruises.

We were on Harmony last week as well. We had all our dinners in the mdr. We were actually quite pleased with most things served. Sure there was some forgettable items, spaghetti of some sort was not very good and the warm donuts for dessert was disappointing. My son ordered the chops steak in the mdr one night and said it was very good. He went to Chops another night and was not too impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk