Just off the Grandeur... pros/cons, and willing to answer any questions!

Compasses are here!

If you need clearer images, specific times, or if you have any other questions just ask me.

Coolcruiser: Thank you so much for posting the Compasses; I will have great fun reading them and it will be with great anticipation too! Appreciate all the work and time you went through to post them for us. You're an angel!

:halo:

The "observatory" is just an elevated sundeck above the buffet... I don't know why it is called the observatory or how it was ever "gone".

Haha. No, there is not a big hole where it used to be. The deck featured a star chart device that stood about 4 feet high. It had been removed during our May cruise.

Thanks for those Compasses as we will be on Grandeur for the 12 nt cruise on 10/28.

Do you recall if they had prime rib in the MDR on the first night like they usually did in the past? Trying to scope out whether to book spec. restaurant on Day 1 or not

Thanks again

Thanks for those Compasses as we will be on Grandeur for the 12 nt cruise on 10/28.

Do you recall if they had prime rib in the MDR on the first night like they usually did in the past? Trying to scope out whether to book spec. restaurant on Day 1 or not

Thanks again

Not sure... we were in the specialty restaurants the first three nights. The BOGO package is a good deal, so book that if you are going to go the first night.

• 3 months later...
Thanks for posting about your cruise. We have this same cruise booked for May 24, 2018. We have never sailed on RC and I am really excited to give them a try. What kind of things did you do in Bermuda? We are looking at a sunset/rum tasting tour for the first evening and maybe an island tour for the next morning. Do you have any suggestions? What is the cost of RC specialty restaurants? Thanks again for your help. I am sure I will have more questions in the coming months.

Hi Luv2cruiseeverywhere, My name is Jeff. My DW and I are on the 5/24/18 cruise also. I'm 60 and she is 58, we live in Frederick MD. We don't do too much adventurous stuff much anymore , but are always up to walking around some, shopping, eating, or just go to the beach. How old are you guys? Are you up for making friends or do you two just do your own thing?

Jeff :cool:

Hi there. I am also booked on this cruise and it is my first RCI as well. Am looking forward to it. Hopefully we will meet up. Have cruised many times and different lines.

Hi Dreamflightpat,

My DW and I are on this cruise also. Just wanted to say hi! :cool:

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your review! I am close to booking the same cruise for the Aug 2018 dates! The only hesitation is making sure my older kids (young teens) will have fun on sea days....they mainly like the pools and hot tubs, nighttime movies, eating free popcorn, ice cream, and burgers, the arcade, and things they can do on their own. And yes, they love "hanging out" :-)

How about evening activities- how are the shows? karaoke, comedy clubs? We aren't looking for super high quality, but something entertaining and family friendly after dinner is always nice after a day spent lounging!

I would love it if someone could post the compass so I can get a better idea of the activity offerings!

Thanks for your review! I am close to booking the same cruise for the Aug 2018 dates! The only hesitation is making sure my older kids (young teens) will have fun on sea days....they mainly like the pools and hot tubs, nighttime movies, eating free popcorn, ice cream, and burgers, the arcade, and things they can do on their own. And yes, they love "hanging out" :-)

How about evening activities- how are the shows? karaoke, comedy clubs? We aren't looking for super high quality, but something entertaining and family friendly after dinner is always nice after a day spent lounging!

I would love it if someone could post the compass so I can get a better idea of the activity offerings!

The pool can be crowded. There are hot tubs. Two for anyone, two for adults only.

They have movies at night on the pool deck.

No comedy club on Grandeur, but at least two of the evening shows were comedians. The early show is family friendly, the late show is more adult. There is karaoke. Also a cover band playing dance music in various venues. And things like a 70s dance party in the atrium.

I just put up a new thread on our recent Grandeur cruise, if anyone is interested.

Just a word, as I said in that other thread, the entertainment on this last cruise was the best we have ever seen in 20 years of cruising. If you ever get a chance to see the show with the band called Rookie, do not fail to see it. Without a doubt, the best show we have ever seen on a cruise ship. Never saw a show get an encore, but this band did- just fabulous.

Cheers

Len

Oh and the Captain's name is Anton, or something very similar. I'll look it up shortly.

I just put up a new thread on our recent Grandeur cruise, if anyone is interested.

Just a word, as I said in that other thread, the entertainment on this last cruise was the best we have ever seen in 20 years of cruising. If you ever get a chance to see the show with the band called Rookie, do not fail to see it. Without a doubt, the best show we have ever seen on a cruise ship. Never saw a show get an encore, but this band did- just fabulous.

Cheers

Len

Oh and the Captain's name is Anton, or something very similar. I'll look it up shortly.

Wow, Rookie is still on there? I was on the Grandeur last February and they were on there too. They had a LOT of energy, it was pretty impressive.

Cheers

Len

Awesome! I'll look it up!

No way to predict what the seas will be but in May they are more likely to be good. We are also sailing on the Grandeur on the May 5th sailing. We did the same cruise last year on May 13th and the seas were pretty smooth.

No way to predict what the seas will be but in May they are more likely to be good. We are also sailing on the Grandeur on the May 5th sailing. We did the same cruise last year on May 13th and the seas were pretty smooth.

Thanks bmac1,

I thought so but wasn't sure. Enjoy your cruise and I'd like to see a review of some sort when you get back...LOL:)

Featfan22:cool:

We here in the Northeast have had two major record breaking snow storm events, one each week beginning the second week of March and yesterday's snow storm where the Low pressure area comes off the Cape Hatteras coast and follows the east coast. That's been the pattern due to a Greenland High pressure that's been stalled. Its still the North Atlantic no matter how to look at it, very few sailings do cruise ship passengers not encounter high swells, strong winds and rough waters especially east of Hatteras until they get further south. We'll be in a small group on the GOS for their next 12 nighter beginning March 24th. Better to know what to expect whether you're on your first cruise or your 55th.:D:D:Dclear.png?emoji-grin-1677:D:D

We here in the Northeast have had two major record breaking snow storm events, one each week beginning the second week of March and yesterday's snow storm where the Low pressure area comes off the Cape Hatteras coast and follows the east coast. That's been the pattern due to a Greenland High pressure that's been stalled. Its still the North Atlantic no matter how to look at it, very few sailings do cruise ship passengers not encounter high swells, strong winds and rough waters especially east of Hatteras until they get further south. We'll be in a small group on the GOS for their next 12 nighter beginning March 24th. Better to know what to expect whether you're on your first cruise or your 55th.:D:D:Dclear.png?emoji-grin-1677:D:D

Still, have a great cruise.

Cheers

Len