Interior Cabins...Regular & Sideways...Questions

2Canucks

I am interested in this as well. We booked ones of these for my teens on Ruby Princess (Riviera Deck) and I'm curious to know if it will be different from a regular Grade Class inside (other than layout). It looks slightly bigger on the deck plans, but we all know how those can be misleading.

I have had both and although the sideways cabin feels slightly bigger I'm not sure it is. I didn't like the fact that in the sideways cabin you walk straight into the bedroom part. I prefer the normal inside layout.

The OP did not say which ship she will be on, but there are 'sideways' cabins that do not appear so on Coral/Island Princess. We had P531 on Coral. On the deck plans it looks like a standard inside cabin, but you entered into a hallway:

enhance

To the right (in the picture, your left as you enter from the corridor) are two double closets with mirror facing:

enhance

enhance

enhance

As I am taking this last pic, behind me is a small hall with the bathroom to the right, and the shelves and safe behind me:

enhance

The wall separates the area from the cabin proper:

enhance

We felt the cabin was very well laid out. EM

What are the differences ... comparing the Regular & Sideways Interior Cabins?

Is the square footage the same?

Thank You in advance for any information you can share with me. :)

In addition to the answers/information provided here to your question if you search "sideways" on the Princess main page there are many many threads there as well. ;)

I accidently booked R522 on Regal for our upcoming cruise, not knowing what a sideways cabin was. I think I will not like it. Someone on CC was so kind to post a youtube link to that particular cabin's review and I hate the way the closet is split in half with a wall. We won't be able to stash a huge car seat and a large suitcase in it, like we were able in a regular cabin with a regular closet.

The lack of a hallway before you enter the sleeping area doesn't bother me as much.

I know you won't like this suggestion, but you have two pullman bunks to bump your head/shoulders on when the bed is in queen setup. If you separate the beds, you will have more floor space, and pull down one of the uppers and store the carseat there. EM