Be patient ... Miami office closing due to storm

cruisestitch

CSR staff in other locations will take over but obviously the company will be short staffed for a while. If you don't absolutely need to talk to Captains Club etc. today, give them a few days. This from Future Cruise Staff on board Equinox just now.

Do they have staff that answer any questions ?? We have only just had an answer from them to a question I sent them at the beginning of August! It's taken them over a month to answer. Since this will be the first time we've cruised with Celebrity it's not impressed us!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They are very very slow at answering email under the best of circumstances. Mostly on Cruise Critic we recommend calling them. Right now unless it is critical that you get an immediate answer I would wait to phone them until after Irma departs and they get a chance to get settled back in their Miami offices.

They are very very slow at answering email under the best of circumstances. Mostly on Cruise Critic we recommend calling them. Right now unless it is critical that you get an immediate answer I would wait to phone them until after Irma departs and they get a chance to get settled back in their Miami offices.

I had emailed them on August the 3rd lol! Well before any hurricane!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep, this is all we've heard the last 3 days. People going crazy for gas, water, etc. They line up at 7 AM and sit in long lines 4 days out.

I swung by Costco last night at 7:30, no one in line for gas, went into the store, fully stocked and registers empty. Compare this with a line of about 200 people waiting to get in Tuesday morning and a line of about 60 cars trying to get in Wednesday morning. Crazy If people wouldn't panic there would be enough to go around.

And yea, the track is back towards the middle of Florida now but we still have 2 days, anything can happen.

Hope you are ok......her track has moved....I see you are in Ft. Myers.....looks like you are going to take a hit now:(

Both coasts............:eek:......BE SAFE!!!!!!!!!

Now wondering if it was a wise decision by Miami to have a ship permantly in the Caribbean.

And what about Edge, the only schedules I have seen are Caribbean ones.

I would say so, this is after all an exceptional hurricane. But if we were to witness more of the same on a regular basis they could very easily change itineraries to islands such as Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao which are never affected and focus on Western Caribbean ports etc.

As for Edge, I was wondering about its schedules earlier. It can't be long before additional dates are released, surely?

EDGE? She doesn't sail till Nov 2018..........guess I am confused....:eek:....or was it just a general inquiry question.

I believe the poster was querying the decision by Celebrity to place one of it's ships in the Caribbean permanently. The comments about Edge are questioning the positioning of Edge in the Caribbean in addition to Equinox as no further scheduling information has been released. At least that's how I interpreted the post. I hope that makes sense?

I believe the poster was querying the decision by Celebrity to place one of it's ships in the Caribbean permanently. The comments about Edge are questioning the positioning of Edge in the Caribbean in addition to Equinox as no further scheduling information has been released. At least that's how I interpreted the post. I hope that makes sense?

Exactly!

Now wondering if it was a wise decision by Miami to have a ship permantly in the Caribbean.

And what about Edge, the only schedules I have seen are Caribbean ones.

Interestingly we did our first cruise in 1999 with Princess (before we defected to Celebrity!) and thereafter we were really disappointed to find they didn't do the Caribbean in the Uk school summer holidays - in those days they probably didn't have enough ships to be all over. Now there are enough ships the weather gets in the way.

I thought the thread was originally about the main offices closing........(which in my opinion, is the right thing to do)

as for "year round in the Caribbean"....people have asked them to do this for years and years and years.....Hurricane

season or not......