Faster to the fun

golfer1903

I just booked a cruise for may 2018. I booked two room and in my opinion having to keep both rooms on different booking numbers even thou there both my name is dumb. But that's for another day.

So one room is wife and I

And other room is two daughters.

Well because the booking numbers are different when I booked a faster to fun under mine. Buy the time I slogged in under the other booking number there were non left.

So now I have faster to the fun and my kids don't.

How's that's gonna work.

So I call carnival to ask if they can sell me another and that was a waste of my time very rude. No.

Has this happened to you and if so we're you able to get around it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The good news is that most ports will not separate parents from minor children (assuming that yours are minors?). If you aren't able to secure FTTF for them, they should (no guarantees) be allowed to board with you. They won't, however, have any of the other benefits of FTTF.

For the check-in times. Is that new. Last time I sailed there was no such thing. You just show up at terminal . Is it different now. And if so. Does it go buy when u check in. And can I check in now to get the soonest boarding or is there a time frame

For the check-in times. Is that new. Last time I sailed there was no such thing. You just show up at terminal . Is it different now. And if so. Does it go buy when u check in. And can I check in now to get the soonest boarding or is there a time frame

You can go online now (through the online check-in process, although you don't have to complete the check-in) and select your times, as long as they are available for your sailing. With FTTF, though, you can check-in at the port whenever you wish and are not locked into the time you selected.

I just booked a cruise for may 2018. I booked two room and in my opinion having to keep both rooms on different booking numbers even thou there both my name is dumb. But that's for another day.

Well because the booking numbers are different when I booked a faster to fun under mine. Buy the time I slogged in under the other booking number there were non left.

How's that's gonna work.

So I call carnival to ask if they can sell me another and that was a waste of my time very rude. No.

Just keep checking to see if another one opens up.

How's that's gonna work.

The good news is that most ports will not separate parents from minor children (assuming that yours are minors?). If you aren't able to secure FTTF for them, they should (no guarantees) be allowed to board with you. They won't, however, have any of the other benefits of FTTF.

This is from the Carnival website:

Q: We have two staterooms, but only our minor children, in the second stateroom. Do we still need to book FTTF for their stateroom also?

A: Yes, all cabins regardless of occupants will require a FTTF ticket to be able to receive the benefits.

Hence, you either need to wait for another FTTF to potentially open or you don't board with FTTF passengers.

If you keep your FTTF, at least you'll all have access to the one cabin to drop off carry-ons upon embarkation.

That's not true anymore unless they are minors. They closed that loophole a while back.

Yea, forgot about that. Hopefully they are minors and then he would be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Q: We have two staterooms, but only our minor children, in the second stateroom. Do we still need to book FTTF for their stateroom also?

A: Yes, all cabins regardless of occupants will require a FTTF ticket to be able to receive the benefits.

Hence, you either need to wait for another FTTF to potentially open or you don't board with FTTF passengers.

If you keep your FTTF, at least you'll all have access to the one cabin to drop off carry-ons upon embarkation.

I don't think the question is if the kids will receive the other benefits, but rather will they be able to board with them. If they are minors traveling in their own cabin, then the answer is yes. Same as if the parents were Platinum.

I personally would not look for a second FTTF. (Unless noted above your kids are minors and just want the earlier boarding). Paying for two rooms for FTTF, you did not say length of cruise, could run $150+. That's the cost of two adult excursions, insurance for the family, couple specialty dinners, etc. Just not worth it to me. So, if you keep checking and end up NOT finding a second FTTF, just cancel the first one and select same check in time for everyone, that way you are not on different time schedules.

I don't think the question is if the kids will receive the other benefits, but rather will they be able to board with them. If they are minors traveling in their own cabin, then the answer is yes. Same as if the parents were Platinum.

One of the benefits of FTTF is embarkation before general boarding.

And...if the kids don't have FTTF, regardless of age, they won't be able to embark with FTTF since FTTF embarkation is one of the benefits.

If they are minors in their own cabin they will be able to check in and board with their parents who have FTTF, they just won't receive any of the other benefits of FTTF. No different than if the parents were Platinum.

If they are minors in their own cabin they will be able to check in and board with their parents who have FTTF, they just won't receive any of the other benefits of FTTF. No different than if the parents were Platinum.

Read the passage I posted from Carnival's website regarding FTTF. It specifically mentions minors in a different cabin. If their cabin doesn't have FTTF, they don't board with FTTF.

What is so hard to understand about this?

Read the passage I posted from Carnival's website regarding FTTF. It specifically mentions minors in a different cabin. If their cabin doesn't have FTTF, they don't board with FTTF.

What is so hard to understand about this?

That post is referring to the other cabin receiving all the FTTF benefits, which I agree they will not. However, if they are minors in their own cabin, they cannot check in or board themselves. Same as if the parents were Platinum. They WILL allow them to board with their parents. I don't know why this is so hard to understand either.

• 6 months later...

Curious to come back to this as we have 2 rooms on the Dream for the NYE cruise and the adults are in one room and our kids who will be 15, 15 and 13 will be in the other. Just wondering if we need to buy 1 or 2 as honestly would just like to get them on with us. Thanks for any updated info.

Curious to come back to this as we have 2 rooms on the Dream for the NYE cruise and the adults are in one room and our kids who will be 15, 15 and 13 will be in the other. Just wondering if we need to buy 1 or 2 as honestly would just like to get them on with us. Thanks for any updated info.
As firemanbobswife had said, in most cases (or maybe all) they will allow minor children to board with their parents if the parents are priority, but the kids aren't. If you don't get them FTTF, they just won't be able to use any of the other perks associated with it. So if you aren't worried about them having any of those others perks, you should be safe purchasing just one.

Something else to keep in mind...they've begun rolling out a new check-in system. If it applies to your ship, and your kids don't have FTTF, they will not get their S&S cards until their cabin is ready. Once it is, the steward will leave the cards (in an envelope) in the mailbox outside the cabin door. Anyone who does get FTTF is allowed to access their cabin as soon as they get on board and their cards will be waiting for them.

When the time comes, if you haven't done it already, try to pick the same check-in times for all of you when it shows up on your online check-in. Technically, FTTF passengers can check in anytime they want, even earlier than their assigned arrival time, but if your kids don't have FTTF, they have to wait until their check-in time. Carnival prefers everyone pick a time closest to when they'll actually arrive (even priority passengers) to keep it running smoothly.

How's that's gonna work.

"get around it"?