Will RCCL take our passports

New Zealand is one of the countries where you must take photo ID with you when you go ashore. Security on the wharf will inspect it before allowing you to get near the ship. They require government-issued ID - passport or driver's licence (if it has a photo). There will be an announcement on the ship, but it is easy to miss this. :)

Agree about taking your photo I'd in NZ when going ashore.

In one port (Napier I think) as the buses approached the port, port security boarded and checked all. The non compliant went to jail - a bus shelter and had to have ship's security id them.

That was a couple of years ago, might have changed since.

Agree about taking your photo I'd in NZ when going ashore.

In one port (Napier I think) as the buses approached the port, port security boarded and checked all. The non compliant went to jail - a bus shelter and had to have ship's security id them.

That was a couple of years ago, might have changed since.

This has happened every time we have been to Napier. :)

Will children need to have their passport on returning to the port on a New Zealand cruise? This is the only photo id my son has.Thanks for pointing this out 😊 May have saved me a trip to the ships brig

best to take the childs passport with you as it may save you trouble

Will children need to have their passport on returning to the port on a New Zealand cruise? This is the only photo id my son has.Thanks for pointing this out May have saved me a trip to the ships brig

You may take a copy of the passport and use that but expect questions from the officer. In your case with your son, it may be best to have the passports rather than the copy.

Will children need to have their passport on returning to the port on a New Zealand cruise? This is the only photo id my son has.Thanks for pointing this out 😊 May have saved me a trip to the ships brig

Would a proof of age card work for a teenager?

Many thanks

Would a proof of age card work for a teenager?

Many thanks

Does it have a photo? (Sorry I don't know the answer to this because when my kids were teenagers we didn't have such a card.) If it has a photo, then it would be OK. By the way, the ship's crew use their ship-issued ID card that has a photo so passports and driving licences are not the only IDs acceptable.