Formal dress was once the rage, uh huh

History has turned the page, uh huh

Casual dress, the current thing, uh huh

Casual is our newborn king, uh huh

And the beat goes on, the beat goes on

Drums keep pounding a rhythm to the brain

La de da de de, la de da de da

Altered lyrics from the Sonny & Cher original song

Nope, and I suppose that might be considered old-fashioned and sexist.

If you look under Princess' FAQ's on their website, there is a section for formal wear rental and it directs customers to: https://cruiselineformal.com/cf_pages/?c=pcl

If you check that out, there is only men's wear.

(I have no interest in the clothing personally, but I got curious on cost since they want to know voyage length. It's one price if you were going to rent something for the 2 nights of a 7-night cruise, but the price jumps up a lot for long cruises up to 40 days and you have to call for 60 days like we are going on soon. I imagine that must be super expensive and it would only be for 5 nights. Of course one is welcome to wear a tux once or twice a week should one choose.)

I actually would have been surprised if they did carry women's formal wear - tuxes are more uniform and size forgiving than most ladies fashions. If my husband were to rent a tux though, I would feel under-dressed in a cocktail dress (which is what I have). It might have been a nice option if both parties wanted to really dress up, but I'm not sure how practical it would be.

I'm grateful for the flexibility on formal nights that we can still dress up, but don't need to buy or rent new outfits. DH will be in a dark sports coat instead of full suit and I will be in a cocktail dress. There will likely be others dressed more formal than we are, and others less. I strongly doubt we will be turned away, but if we are there are lots of other places to eat. We dress for each other and to respect our host - it doesn't matter to me what anyone else wears. Like we tell our kids: you can only control your actions and reactions, not the actions of others.

Why? Formal nights are an option on Princess - no need to dress up if you don't want to.

Some posters still can't believe that Princess allows dressing down.

They seem to be hooked into the old tradition of formal dress and nothing else even if you point them at the statement that allows them to.