MIA new Brickell Ave news

Host CJSKIDS

Brickell Ave damages and MIA news

Brickell aVe flooding shown from my building area right across from the JW Marriott.

Four Ambassadors is 4 short buildings right as you are about to cross the bridge to brickell key

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/weather/hurricane/article172495761.html

Carolyn,

I've been glued to the Weather Channel. Take care, and stay safe! I can not imagine what you are going through.

Thank you. I am safe and in a hotel in Orlando. Came through here last night but we are fine.

My building still has power and water in Brickell. I live in a high rise on the 43rd floor in a Cat 5 building. Unfortunately all my windows and sliding doors have cracked.

shows you if it had come through as a Cat 5 like it was due to, the damage would have been horrific.

Thank you. I am safe and in a hotel in Orlando. Came through here last night but we are fine.

My building still has power and water in Brickell. I live in a high rise on the 43rd floor in a Cat 5 building. Unfortunately all my windows and sliding doors have cracked.

shows you if it had come through as a Cat 5 like it was due to, the damage would have been horrific.

Carolyn,

Thanks for the update. It's good to know you are safe.

I am very sorry to hear about your windows and sliding door. I know you are thankful it wasn't worse. Take care and keep in touch.

Carolyn,

Thanks for the update. It's good to know you are safe.

I am very sorry to hear about your windows and sliding door. I know you are thankful it wasn't worse. Take care and keep in touch.

Thanks!! Just have to pray we can get in fixed before any other storms brew or they will blow in.

Your windows may have cracked from the cranes that collapsed and sent debris flying.

My son stayed in a CAT 5 building in downtown Bayfront area no damage no storm surge. 14 th floor.

Glad it's only cracked windows and all are well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been watching the portmiamiwebcam today and everything looks normal. Hard to believe they can get it all drained and cleaned up in such a short time.

Same in Ft. Lauderdale and Tampa. No debris, trees down, junk in the streets, flooding or boats crashed in their docks.

The higher the floor the higher the winds will be. A category five storm will have winds in excess of 180 MPH at sea level but over 200 MPH at forty stories up. A category five storm for mainland South Florida would have been Catastrophic.

Your windows may have cracked from the cranes that collapsed and sent debris flying.

My son stayed in a CAT 5 building in downtown Bayfront area no damage no storm surge. 14 th floor.

Glad it's only cracked windows and all are well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has your son said how the Holiday Inn came through the storm?

Has your son said how the Holiday Inn came through the storm?

It's nearby so it shouldn't be too bad. That area was mostly limbs etc, during the storm it flooded in the streets, of course flooding in Miami is normal. He sent some pictures of Bayfront Park mostly uprooted trees

582cff19c903d0dda46101d6ff03e715.jpg02cad58fdbe71647bb5748db58979458.jpg

You'll be fine. We expect to be running fairly normal by Monday. Streets are clear, damage is minimal. Only major issue is power. But that should be taken care of within the next week for 90% of the city. If your hotel is having issues, they would need to find you another place to stay.

The only thing that could be iffy is the Beach. There is a advisory right now to not swim in the beach for the next two days, I doubt it will last past Monday.

The brickell flooding was storm surge, it comes in with the wind and then goes out with the wind. Other than some lower garages the flooding is gone as was gone the night the storm left.

You'll be fine. We expect to be running fairly normal by Monday. Streets are clear, damage is minimal. Only major issue is power. But that should be taken care of within the next week for 90% of the city. If your hotel is having issues, they would need to find you another place to stay.

The only thing that could be iffy is the Beach. There is a advisory right now to not swim in the beach for the next two days, I doubt it will last past Monday.

The brickell flooding was storm surge, it comes in with the wind and then goes out with the wind. Other than some lower garages the flooding is gone as was gone the night the storm left.

Thank you

My friends were able to fly out last night to Spain from MIA!!

Our building has damage. All of my sliding doors and windows are cracked. We also have some water damage in our unit. The balcony directly below me was destroyed due to a 6 foot piece of glass from across the street hurling towards it. Their windows are completely shattered and bowed in. Our next door neighbors also have cracked windows and doors. The glass in our building did exactly what it was supposed to, cracks and shatters but did not break!!!

Now since it takes 4-6 weeks to get these replaced under normal circumstances, we just have to hope that another hurricane doesn't like our area!