drink prices

haawwks27

Are you sure about the alcohol based coffees?

On Grandeur in Aug, I asked about one of the alcoholic coffees in Chops and was told it was NOT included in the drink package.

Then the waiter brought me one for free. GREAT service.

Alcohol based coffees are included in the Deluxe Beverage Package.

I would strigger to drink one glass of wine a day so went for premium Nom alcoholic as I like my coke zero from a can not a soda machine.

Hubby has the classic drink pagage for his beer ;p

It sounds like you are saying you bought the not-alcoholic package for can of Coke zero, but from what I know, you can not get can from the package.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app

It sounds like you are saying you bought the not-alcoholic package for can of Coke zero, but from what I know, you can not get can from the package.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app

After a lot of umming and arrrhhing I plumed for the classic package - $6 more than non- alcoholic premium.

And according to Celebrity website cans of Coke Zero are available with Premium non-alcoholic, classic alcoholic and premium alcoholic.

After a lot of umming and arrrhhing I plumed for the classic package - $6 more than non- alcoholic premium.

And according to Celebrity website cans of Coke Zero are available with Premium non-alcoholic, classic alcoholic and premium alcoholic.

True, Celebrity's beverage packages are different than Royal's. You can get cans of soda with Celebrity's drink packages. Royal only allows (with rare exceptions) fountain soda with their beverage packages.

Unless there is some forum error, I think this is a post on a Royal Caribbean forum section, so technically my info was correct. I was not mentioning Celebrity at all, as I have not sailed them yet.

We decided on the drink package for our cruises because we think it will be worth it for us. BF and I are both coffee and alcohol drinkers and when we saw the prices it simply made sense. It would add up quick too if you think about it. Mimosa and coffee for breakfast, a couple frozen drinks poolside, pre dinner cocktail, wine with dinner and then a couple cocktails in a lounge or two. It sounds like a lot all at one time but obviously over an entire day/evening, you can for sure see the value.

Do you think they are making any money on liquor. They probably pay $5 or less for a liter of bar vodka or rum.

Bars ALWAYS make money on liquor.

Even if they pay full retail for midgrade spirits for the well brands, they will make money.

Why would anyone buy bottled water on-board? Isn't the ships water supply distilled?

Tom

If I'm sitting by the pool hungover or just hotter than all get out and the waiter comes by taking orders, I'm ordering a bottle of water. Saves me the time/effort/energy of getting up, and I was watching my niece in the pool I didn't feel comfortable just walking away. I carry a nalgene bottle that I refill, but there's only so much water it can hold so I stockpile water. For what it's worth, the bottled water tasted terrible on my last Royal Cruise so whatever. Also, you can't get sparkling water from the tap, so I buy that also.

Exactly. Plus I'm pretty sure it's filtered, not distilled.

From what I understand (and the Chief will correct me I hope), the ship gets water from 3 sources:

Shoreside, some ports sell them potable water

Reverse osmosis, using some sort of membrane to separate the salt from seawater

Desalination, using power (and fuel) to make fresh water from seawater. This is probably close to distilling.