Crusing out of Miami Sept 25, 2017

AHUEY2

I have plans to cruise with Carnival on Sept 25, 2017 flying into Ft. Lauderdale and cruising out of Miami. Does anyone know if the highways are clear so that I can get from the Ft Lauderdale airport to the Miami port in a reasonable amount of time. My group will be arriving at the airport between 12 and 12:30 and traveling from the airport to the port via Carnival transfers. The ship doesn't leave port until 4pm but we were hoping to get to the port by 1:30.

I have plans to cruise with Carnival on Sept 25, 2017 flying into Ft. Lauderdale and cruising out of Miami. Does anyone know if the highways are clear so that I can get from the Ft Lauderdale airport to the Miami port in a reasonable amount of time. My group will be arriving at the airport between 12 and 12:30 and traveling from the airport to the port via Carnival transfers. The ship doesn't leave port until 4pm but we were hoping to get to the port by 1:30.

Oh my oh my... Arriving at 12:30!! :(:(:( You're cutting it way too close.

But to answer your question as of now, the roads should be clear at this point (based on what family is saying), but I can't say what will happen if Hurricane Maria were to strike Miami.

We are cruising on this cruise too, but driving from Central Florida. My guess is ALL major highways are open. Ft. Lauderdale and Miami got hit but didn't get the major impact of the hurricane the West coast did. You will be fine. We just got our electic on. Looking forward to this cruise. Although Key West will be skipped. It is VERY HARD hit by the storm.

My husband has been commuting from Brickell Ave to Las Olas in Fort Lauderdale since last Wednesday. Roads are clear. The only issues have been streetlights out.

We drove home after evacuating to Orlando last week and had no issues getting home via 95.

South Florida is generally back to normal at this point. Still a few without power, still some landscaping being picked up, but by the end of this week you almost wouldn't know a hurricane was here recently, generally speaking. Roads are all clear and fairly normal.

I think we should put up a sticky. Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa, Orlando, Port Canaveral are all fine. Everything is pretty much back to normal expect for some neighborhoods still without power. I drove on the highway on Monday less than 12-hours after the storm hit.

You sure are cutting it close though. Hope you have trip insurance.

I think we should put up a sticky. Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa, Orlando, Port Canaveral are all fine. Everything is pretty much back to normal expect for some neighborhoods still without power. I drove on the highway on Monday less than 12-hours after the storm hit.

You sure are cutting it close though. Hope you have trip insurance.

Somehow I think that the guy a few cars in front of us who had a tree fall on his truck in on Brickell Ave Saturday night disagrees!!

Seriously though, with the exception of Coral Gables and South Miami ave, most people in Miami have power back . We still have traffic lights on Brickell that aren't working and lots of debris in the turn areas on Brickell but it's getting back to normal. Schools went back today in Miami-Dade.

Our beaches are clear to swim in and most places have re-opened. Places like Morton's Steakhouse are still closed as they got badly flooded. I can see they are still pumping water out of the building the Conrad is in. Some buildings like ours and the Four Seasons have lots of cracked windows. We have 120 alone in our building. Construction has started back up for most buildings. Friday night around Brickell at at Mary Brickell Village had lots of people walking around and out and about. You would never know we just had the storm.

I'm in constant contact with all my friends in Naples and that coast is still such a mess.

I hope that you aren't checking luggage because it always seems to take at least another 20 minutes to get that after landing at FLL. I would figure that you won't be to the port until 2:00 if you are lucky.

All aboard has got to be 3:00 pm. Do you have insurance?

If the OP is using Carnival Transfer, then there should not be any worries. It's on Carnival to get them to the ship on time

Not if their flights are delayed and were not booked through Carnival. My friend parents found this out the hard way this summer when flying from New Orleans to NY. They were landing as the ship was leaving. Had to get to the next port on their own.

Somehow I think that the guy a few cars in front of us who had a tree fall on his truck in on Brickell Ave Saturday night disagrees!!

Ouch; we left the Hampton Inn Brickell on Friday by 9 AM and found only a few traffic lights not operating. It did take a while to find our way to I 95 from this area; GPS wasn't too friendly and the one-way streets and traffic did not help. I 95 was perfectly fine with no construction to the FL border. Like others have said arriving at 12:30 the day of the cruise is crazy. Hope your loved ones have nerves of steel and that there are no further hurricanes or storms to cause damage or delays. Good Luck