Labadee Beach Bungalows Review

shoppgirl

Thanks so much for the review and the photos! We have one booked for next week. Question: I use a mobility scooter for long distances. Is the ground hard enough that I could drive to the area? I don't need to get right by the bungalow. I just need somewhere close to park.

• 2 weeks later...
This is a fabulous review! I am sold on getting a bungalow! We are traveling in a large family group. Can you have unlimited guests in one bungalow or do you need to book several?

I believe the limit is 6 guests per bungalow.

What is the price range on these vs cabanas?

Prices can vary, but the cabanas are usually $295 up to $579, depending on whether you have a standard, beach or over-the-water cabana. The bungalows are $275-$300 usually. The Beach Beds on Adrenaline Beach are usually $175. DW and I have had the Beach Beds twice and, for 2, they are a great option.

Prices seem to have gone up recently.

Cabanas hold 6, although I have heard of 8 being allowed. Bungalows fit 8.

mac_tlc

This is really a great review. We have a Columbus Cove bungalow reserved for our July 21 Harmony cruise. Prices have ranged from $236.00-$263.00 and they change A LOT!! Currently they are "book onboard only". I booked ours through the Cruise Planner back in December. We have 6 in our party and were told 6 is the limit.

We are also doing the Jet Skis.

The more we see in these reviews, the more excited we all get.

Jim and Peg

The sandy beach looks way better here than Barefoot Beach.

That is why we like Nellie's Beach, rocks, super soft sand. We love it there. We never get cabanas as we just like being there. Hubby has a great tree to sit under and I lay in the sun all day. Perfect.

• 4 weeks later...
This is really a great review. We have a Columbus Cove bungalow reserved for our July 21 Harmony cruise. Prices have ranged from $236.00-$263.00 and they change A LOT!! Currently they are "book onboard only". I booked ours through the Cruise Planner back in December. We have 6 in our party and were told 6 is the limit.

Jim and Peg

I've looked all over Royal Caribbean in the cruise planner option for this! Do you think it's not showing up because they are all booked? We are also on the July 21 sailing.

Thanks!

Lori

I've looked all over Royal Caribbean in the cruise planner option for this! Do you think it's not showing up because they are all booked? We are also on the July 21 sailing.

Thanks!

Lori

I just looked and it is there. In your Cruise Planner click on "Shore Excursions" and then "Labadee, Haiti". Right now it is $263.00, but there is not an "ADD TO CART" button. It just says "CHECK ONBOARD". Are you on the Harmony Western, July 21?

I believe you could call and see what the status is or check with the excursion desk as soon as you board.

Jim

I just looked and it is there. In your Cruise Planner click on "Shore Excursions" and then "Labadee, Haiti". Right now it is $263.00, but there is not an "ADD TO CART" button. It just says "CHECK ONBOARD". Are you on the Harmony Western, July 21?

I believe you could call and see what the status is or check with the excursion desk as soon as you board.

Jim

Thanks, I see it now. Hopefully it will be available :)

Jim and Peg

I called RC yesterday to book for 2019 and when I asked if I could have 8 guest I was told yes . Only had to give my name and was told when I get there I could give names of other guests

I called RC yesterday to book for 2019 and when I asked if I could have 8 guest I was told yes . Only had to give my name and was told when I get there I could give names of other guests

Yes, 8 is correct. I see that it even says "for up to 8 guests" in the description of the bungalow. Not sure if that is new or not. Now I suppose they will RAISE the price!!

56 days and counting!!

Jim

Is it 8 adults or 8 total bodies? Options for a group of 9?

We had a group of 10 and got 2 bungalows. It made for comfortable space room wise.

A suggestion for anyone that gets a bungalow....we brought along a small Bluetooth speaker. We had Kenny Chesney playing the whole day. Made for a lot of fun. Not so loud as it bothered any other bungalow, but made for a relaxing day in ours.

Enjoy the Cove.

Thank you for posting this review. Just to clarify, the picture of the loungers in the sun, those are on an area of the beach restricted to bungalow guests? The RC site says "Guests should note this area is not private." Does that mean while the beach is not private, that area is restricted? We want some shade, but we want to be able to get some sun also.

Thanks!

Edited by kwbound

Thank you for posting this review. Just to clarify, the picture of the loungers in the sun, those are on an area of the beach restricted to bungalow guests? The RC site says "Guests should note this area is not private." Does that mean while the beach is not private, that area is restricted? We want some shade, but we want to be able to get some sun also.

Thanks!

When we were there each bungalow had 2 loungers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All drink packages are honored on Labadee, and in a Bungalow there is bar service delivered directly to you. 

We tipped our “runner” at the end of the day.  

Also the area area between the bungalows and the water is indeed restricted to bungalow “residents” you are given a wrist band and without it you are unable to enter that part of the beach. 

2 hours ago, fossetti said:

Thanks for the review, just was curious if anyone had the drink package are the drinks included or do you need to pay? 

Drinks are included with the drink package unless it comes in a pineapple, coconut, or specialty glass. You can always ask what the difference would be if you want the container, or just ask them to put it in a regular cup! The only reason I know this is because my parents got the fruity pineapple drink on Labadee (and room service mimosas thinking they were included on the drink package... But, no!)