Labadee Beach Bungalows Review

shoppgirl

Bumping this to see if I can indulge my ocd planning.  We have a bungalow booked for our upcoming Explorer cruise in a couple of weeks. 

Wondering:  *is it the same attendant all day or multiple runners?  I want to make sure we have enough cash for tips

*Is there a way, perhaps once on board, to request a specific bungalow number?  Opinions on if there is a preferred                               bungalow?

* DH will need to meet up for a snorkel excursion late morning.  How much time should he allow to get back to (I                                   assume) the main docking area?

TIA for any recent input!  I know it will be a great day, I just like to have all my ducks in a row!

12 minutes ago, Fa-Li said:

Bumping this to see if I can indulge my ocd planning.  We have a bungalow booked for our upcoming Explorer cruise in a couple of weeks. 

Wondering:  *is it the same attendant all day or multiple runners?  I want to make sure we have enough cash for tips

*Is there a way, perhaps once on board, to request a specific bungalow number?  Opinions on if there is a preferred                               bungalow?

* DH will need to meet up for a snorkel excursion late morning.  How much time should he allow to get back to (I                                   assume) the main docking area?

TIA for any recent input!  I know it will be a great day, I just like to have all my ducks in a row!

Yes, we had the same attendant all day.  There are 8 bungalows available on a first come basis, so get there early.  We were off the ship as soon as we could.   4-5-6 are away from the traffic areas and are the preferred bungalows.   8 is next to where the ferry docks and 1 is next to the public part of the beach.  If he has to meet by the dock for the snorkel excursion give 20 minutes to half hour.  There are trams that run part of the way.  If you are the only ship in port it will be easy to get around. 

Enjoy the bungalow.  It is REALLY nice. 

Jim

1 hour ago, thetwoofus1 said:

Yes, we had the same attendant all day.  There are 8 bungalows available on a first come basis, so get there early.  We were off the ship as soon as we could.   4-5-6 are away from the traffic areas and are the preferred bungalows.   8 is next to where the ferry docks and 1 is next to the public part of the beach.  If he has to meet by the dock for the snorkel excursion give 20 minutes to half hour.  There are trams that run part of the way.  If you are the only ship in port it will be easy to get around. 

Enjoy the bungalow.  It is REALLY nice. 

Jim

Thank you, Jim!  This is exactly what I was looking for.  We will be sure to get up and off the ship .  Getting so excited!

5 hours ago, Fa-Li said:

You will love it! We had the same attendant all day, too.  I try to avoid crowds when I can. The beach was so peaceful when we were there last summer. I got off the ship as fast as possible and headed over.  It took a little while to get there, but it was worth it. I loved it so much, we booked it again for next summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

There’s no normal - like other things, pricing is dynamic. 

Well I ended up calling Crown and Anchor.  The Labadee Bungalows are 263$.....and because I put in all three of our names, it charged me for three bungalows.  So they are refunding 2 of the bungalows back to me.  She said it is the same for Cococay bungalows.  Only put in one name. 

1 hour ago, Cheryl H said:

Well I ended up calling Crown and Anchor.  The Labadee Bungalows are 263$.....and because I put in all three of our names, it charged me for three bungalows.  So they are refunding 2 of the bungalows back to me.  She said it is the same for Cococay bungalows.  Only put in one name. 

It's been listed PP ever since I can remember an they have such a crack IT team I can't imagine why they can't fix that. 🙄

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cheryl H said:

Yes, it's confusing.  I paid right around $260 for ours, during a "sale"

Hi!   I see that my original post over 2 years ago has been revived!   For all you lucky cruisers going to Labadee soon and managed to get a bungalow, congrats!  You won’t regret it!   I paid $327 CAD 2.5 years ago, so there are some good prices going around now for the bungalow!  Worth every penny!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, again, back from our cruise and wanted to give an updated report about the Bungalows.

One thing that took me by surprise was they wanted our whole party present to check into the bungalows  I had envisioned myself getting off ship early and setting up, then others joining through the morning.  Luckily, this was made clear the day before when the ticket was delivered.

Secondly, another ship was in port a couple hours ahead of us, so there was no chance to be "first come first serve" but it turned out to not be an issue.  My group was only the second one to arrive at the beach bungalow area.

The way we arrived was so convenient.  I stopped at the information desk on Labadee to ask directions, thinking we had to get ourselves over there.  The guy checked my ticket, confirmed entire party was present, and loaded us on a private golf cart to run us over the the Bungalows.  Perfect!

Finally, something to consider:  I had envisioned us lounging on the beach, retreating to bungalow for shade, wandering over to the buffet, bringing food back.  In reality, most of our time on Labadee it rained.  Occasionally light showers, but for an hour or so at a time, it was truly a torrential downpour.  I live at the beach in NC, and have seen lighter rain during hurricanes.  Rivers of water running through the sand streets.  Entire plates swamped with water in the dash between the shelter of the buffet and the shelter of the picnic tables.  Labadee is not set up for rain. 

BUT, the bungalow has a plastic liner above its bamboo roof.  Not completely water tight, but it saved the day.  We were able to huddle on the parts of the sofas where the roof did not leak and still have a fairly relaxing day.  Good napping weather!  We still had a great day, and for us the outlay was not a big deal.  But if one is on the fence about the expense, being aware that not every day is perfect and sunny could influence you one way or the other.  For example, those who paid for the clam shells just basically lost that money, as the rain was lashing sideways.  (the wonderful bungalow attendant spent a good deal of time adjusting the curtains to keep the rain out)  On the other hand, those who had spent nothing were perfectly happy to go back to the ship with no money wasted.  We felt the bungalow saved the day from being a complete wash out, no pun intended, because we were still comfortable, and during the brief periods of sunshine (the clouds did clear every hour or so between storms) we were able to be right there at the beach - again the attendant dragged the chair pads back and forth all day,  stowing them dryly every time it started to sprinkle, then putting them back out if it stopped.  Bless his hard working heart.  And, if it had been a perfectly sunny day, with two ships there I imagine the beach would have been super packed and we would have been even more grateful for the privacy and dedicated space.  

So just more data for those looking into this.  @shoppgirl  I'm so glad you first posted the review I found that convinced me to reserve a Bungalow, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!