Anthem specific questions

haawwks27

just a few questions. I see in my planner that drink prices are discounted if a i buy a package now. I do the math and its basically $66 a day for the alcohol pkg since the 7th we arrive early AM. no issue.... but will it ever drop lower than this?

i see prices a la cart for drinks ranger from say $7-$13. are all of these covered in the above mentioned pkg or only up to a certain amount

if we purchase a pkg and can prove, whats the chance we can get more than one beer at a time at night to return to our suite and enjoy a couple of drinks on our balcony without having to get up and go get more

lastly, does anyone know the specific age and or height requirements for the activities such as bumper cars and skating?

i believe iFLY posted their weight requirements and im quite round and afraid id even be questioned as to my weight. i get the rules exists and do not think people should partake if do not fall in the safe category but are people ever challenged?

I think that is the best you will do. If your good with it purchase it at this rate and then watch it if it goes on sale you can "return" it and rebuy at the lower price. But once the "Sale" price goes away you can not go back to it.

If a drink costs say $17 and is not covered. The max I think it was 15 off so you will owe 2 plus tip. Nothing I drank cost more than the package so it was never a issue. I don't go for any special have to only have brand xyz in my drink.

I had no issues getting 2 drinks at a time but both DH and I had the package, once "my" bartender learned who I was and that everyone had the package she never questioned it just ran my card or DH card for the drinks. First day or 2, 1 drink per card at a time.

It also includes specialty coffee, fresh squeezed OJ, bottles of water.

There is no skating on Anthem, bumper cars have a minimum height/ age to ride alone. the max is basically if you fit in the car. Never saw anyone weighed. I am 5'10 and my legs where tight in the bumper cars but saw much taller people so maybe 6'4" max.

Circus school has to have a pretty low weight my guess is about 200lb they weigh everyone for that.

First time on anthem looking for any dinner package 3-5-7 nights not on my cruise planner?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It will pop up maybe 6 months out or so. but they make you reservations you pick the time. I knew when and where I wanted to eat so. Immediately after we boarded I went to Wonderland had my reservations adjusted with no issues at all.

everyone or just those that look "suspect"

Everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we did it a couple of weeks ago, no one in our group was weighed...and I'm not the smallest person in the world!!

Regarding bumper cars, there is a height gauge (48"?) at the entrance on the starboard side of the 'rink', but I think you have got to be over that height to ride solo.

Simon

Deluxe Beverage Package

What is a good pre gratuity price for the beverage package that includes alcohol? Currently the price listed on the cruise planner is $46. per day.

Thank You,

Linda

Not a bad price. I've seen it as low as $38 per day.

DH and other large and small family members went on iFly and he recalled 6 ft and under less than 235 lbs. and over 6 ft less than 250 lbs. This is so the air flow can lift you up and sustain floating. I may be incorrect with the actual numbers but you'll need to check. One friend over 6 ft knew he was more than the max so didn't bother. They only weighed larger people and it was done off to the side.

They weighed all people before boarding North Star but not sure why. The weights were not tallied or recorded and he didn't ask.

DH and other large and small family members went on iFly and he recalled 6 ft and under less than 235 lbs. and over 6 ft less than 250 lbs. This is so the air flow can lift you up and sustain floating. I may be incorrect with the actual numbers but you'll need to check. One friend over 6 ft knew he was more than the max so didn't bother. They only weighed larger people and it was done off to the side.

They weighed all people before boarding North Star but not sure why. The weights were not tallied or recorded and he didn't ask.

We went on North Star twice and neither time was anyone weighed. How odd to be weighed for the North Star when there is no indication of a per person weight limit. I would have thought the electronics would trip out if they detected an overweight capsule (like on cranes).

Simon

As for your multiple drinks at a time, I overheard people who weren't happy at having to wait, said that is not the definition of unlimited. I did have the beer cart guy give me two instead of one in the WJ at lunch one day, without my asking. I am not a big drinker and would say the alcohol content of the cocktails all around seemed light to me. Two glasses of wine makes me tipsy, two cocktails did not. When I have a Cosmopolitan at a bar at home, I definitely feel it. Definitely did not on Anthem. I drank all over the ship, didn't stick to one bartender, or tip extra. Not a big deal to me, but it could be to some that want stronger drinks.

We went on North Star twice and neither time was anyone weighed. How odd to be weighed for the North Star when there is no indication of a per person weight limit. I would have thought the electronics would trip out if they detected an overweight capsule (like on cranes).

Simon

There is a weight limit on Northstar. There is also a height minimum. There are harnesses that all riders need to fit into if there is a malfunction and people need to be lowered from the capsule.

4f842efeb8f9b4c20a1aa700e2ba8a66.jpg

7bc1b692af78c0a8917feee50e9fe083.jpg

iFly comment - We just got off the Anthem on Thursday last week and they did weigh practically everyone (off to the side, but NOT in private). One gentleman who was under 6' but apparently over the weight guideline was not allowed to participate. He did not look severely overweight. They do check and it must matter.