Nieuw Amsterdam itinerary change for October 28, 2017

Charlie1422

We are booked on Nov. 11 and itinerary does say San Juan and St. Thomas, but the HA agent said she was sure that would change and St. Croix would be one of the changes. I can't imagine they can go to San Juan. I wonder how long before they make official changes? I'm assuming HA would advise cruisers directly?
If you go to HAL's site, there's a Caribbean Update that has a list of affected cruises - so far. They won't change an itinerary until they are very sure that a port isn't going to be able to handle the passengers. BTW, we're probably on the same cruise. Join the Roll Call.

The following excerpt is from an email to my PCC, 24 hours before the Twit went on today's name-calling binge against the mayor of San Juan: The FEMA director in Puerto Rico even got our orange-tinted Twit-in-Chief to wait a week before coming to PR to have a photo op, and to assure the people that FEMA is doing a "beautiful job". This was after the director said, "If you're not a first responder or aid worker, stay away!" With that in mind, I would hope that HAL's Affected Cruise list will be fluid. If not, they can coin a new advertising slogan: Disaster Cruising - The Ultimate Vacation Experience!

The following excerpt is from an email to my PCC, 24 hours before the Twit went on today's name-calling binge against the mayor of San Juan: The FEMA director in Puerto Rico even got our orange-tinted Twit-in-Chief to wait a week before coming to PR to have a photo op, and to assure the people that FEMA is doing a "beautiful job". This was after the director said, "If you're not a first responder or aid worker, stay away!" With that in mind, I would hope that HAL's Affected Cruise list will be fluid. If not, they can coin a new advertising slogan: Disaster Cruising - The Ultimate Vacation Experience!

Love it! Have just changed my nickname for you-know-who.

We are on this cruise as well. i am a bit upset that the prices plummeted. Our cabin category dropped by $235 and we were offered $30 dollars in future cruise credit.

San Juan is an afternoon/ evening stop (12pm to 11pm I think). With he current condition of the island's power grid, I doubt we will be stopping there.

We are on this cruise as well. i am a bit upset that the prices plummeted. Our cabin category dropped by $235 and we were offered $30 dollars in future cruise credit.

San Juan is an afternoon/ evening stop (12pm to 11pm I think). With the current condition of the island's power grid, I doubt we will be stopping there.

Rumor has it HAL will update their port revisions on Thursday or Friday. FYI, the Ritz-Carlton just cancelled our January stay in San Juan. That ought to tell HAL something.

Prices usually drop closer to departure, but you take your chances on cabin choice and location. Airfare usually goes up as well.

Rumor has it HAL will update their port revisions on Thursday or Friday.

I've noticed you mentioned this "rumor" on multiple threads. Can I ask where you heard this?

I am booked on this cruise and so far have not heard anything other than Grand Turk has been replaced with Nassau.

I've noticed you mentioned this "rumor" on multiple threads. Can I ask where you heard this?

I am booked on this cruise and so far have not heard anything other than Grand Turk has been replaced with Nassau.

HAL has already announced they would provide an update, if necessary, on October 5.

We are scheduled for Grand Turk 11/6 and so far no changes to Nassau, wonder if it will be changed. Also wonder about Amber Cove???? If anyone knows anything please post. Thanks

Hi we are on this cruise! Have you heard anything yet about the Nassau change!

From an individual at HAL. It's also mentioned towards the end of the Caribbean Update on HAL's site.

The new schedule is now showing when I log into my reservations page for the October 28th Nieuw Amsterdam cruise. We will be visiting Nassau, Punta Cana, St. Croix and Half Moon Cay. All of these are new ports for us so now its time to figure out what we are going to do at each port!

Ideas are welcome!

The new schedule is now showing when I log into my reservations page for the October 28th Nieuw Amsterdam cruise. We will be visiting Nassau, Punta Cana, St. Croix and Half Moon Cay. All of these are new ports for us so now its time to figure out what we are going to do at each port!

Ideas are welcome!

Thanks for the update! I wonder when my TA is planning to notify me.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app