Captain's Club question

wencam

If during our next cruise, we qualify for the next Captains Club Level (Classic to Select, I believe) do we ask Celebrity's customer service to bump us up on the day we qualify (ie., after the points have been reach if mid-cruise) or do they automatically bump us up from the beginning of the cruise?

No changes take place during a cruise. It takes a week to ten days for points, and your new status, to show up in your Captain's Club account.

The only time you would consult the Captains Club host/hostess about expediting this would be if you are on back-to-back cruises. If you achieve the points needed for a tier change on the first cruise, the host can see that you have the new status on the second one.

Edited by cruisestitch

Neither. You don't move up until AFTER the cruise where you acquire the points.

No changes take place during a cruise. It takes a week to ten days for points, and your new status, to show up in your Captain's Club account.

The only time you would consult the Captains Club host/hostess about expediting this would be if you are on back-to-back cruises. If you achieve the points nuts for a tier change on the first cruise, the host can see that you have the new status on the second one.

Oh that makes sense, thank you both for a quick reply!! :)

My impression is that you earn more points for every cruise. That being said, they need time to do some number crunching to award all the points. You most likely won't see your points change until sometime after the cruise.

Kids also qualify for the program. I've been cruising since I was 5 years old, my very first cruise (and I know I'm dating myself here but I don't care) was on Celebrity on the S.S Meridian. This upcoming cruise will be the first on Celebrity that I paid for myself. When my family and I (we are cruising together) inquired about the Repeat Cruiser's club, we were told that all of my past cruises with Celebrity and Royal Carribbean (owned by the same company) would be counted towards my membership. So even though this is the first Celebrity cruise I'm paying for, I already have about 100 or so points and will have something like 120 by the end of the trip.

Sent from my LGL22C using Forums mobile app

The only time you would consult the Captains Club host/hostess about expediting this would be if you are on back-to-back cruises. If you achieve the points needed for a tier change on the first cruise, the host can see that you have the new status on the second one.

We have a back to back in Spring after the first cruise we will move to Elite plus I hope! Think we need to mention it to the host as you say;)

I think you get bumped up when you hit the nonrefundable phase. We are at select, but don't have the required days until after the cruise. Sweet!:D

Not true; as others have stated, you do not earn the points until AFTER the cruise has been completed.

RCCL has the same policy in that if you advance to the next level mid-cruise, you do not reap the benefits until your next cruise. Carnival allows you to begin the current cruise at the higher level (although their perks are not as strong as X or RCCL.