Platinum

coolbolts

Looks like Platinum status gets you two free specialty dinners. How do you book them do you have to wait until you are on board?

I just became platinum and tried booking them in advance and was told that since they were outside the dining package, I would want to wait until I am on board to book them. I was told to let the hostess know I had the free dinner voucher when I was seated and they will take it instead of charging your room (or the dining package) for the dinner.

You get a dinner in either Cagney's or LeBistro and a dinner at either La Cucina and Moderno. All but Moderno can be pre-booked (90 days out if cruising in a non-suite, 100 days out if cruising in a suite) without any upfront charges. If you book Moderno prior to your cruise, you will be charged the fixed dining fee, which you can get back in the form of OBC during your cruise.

Easiest way to pre-book, is to go on your MYNCL, pull up your cruise, go to plan and explore and hit the dining tab on the left.

You get a dinner in either Cagney's or LeBistro and a dinner at either La Cucina and Moderno. All but Moderno can be pre-booked (90 days out if cruising in a non-suite, 100 days out if cruising in a suite) without any upfront charges. If you book Moderno prior to your cruise, you will be charged the fixed dining fee, which you can get back in the form of OBC during your cruise.

Easiest way to pre-book, is to go on your MYNCL, pull up your cruise, go to plan and explore and hit the dining tab on the left.

It's worth noting that you can avoid the $25 cover charge fee precruise when booking Moderno ( or Teppanyaki ).

If you have the SDP for 3 meals, you just make those restaurants with a cover charge in your first 3 reservations, and book the a la cartes last. The system assumes the first 3 reservations are on the SDP and doesn't charge you. Once onboard, the order booked doesn't matter. Use the Platinum certificate at Moderno if you choose, or use the SDP.

This ^^^. Since the restaurants became ala carte, you can pre-book without having to pay, except at the flat fee restaurants like Moderno's

Safe sailing

Note that Platinum perk is per cabin and not per passenger. Therefore husband and wife in a cabin share the perk and do not get two meals each even if they are both Platinum. My view is that this is unfair.

However, we are travelling on an 11 nighter with my mother who is in an inside on her own and we have swapped the cabin allocations so that the booking shows me and mother together in a balcony and my wife in an inside on her own. Thus, we both each get the platinum benefit i.e. 4 meals for 2 instead of 2! Of course, we will actually be occupying the cabins differently i.e. my mother in the inside and me and DW in the balcony opposite.

Vouchers are placed in the cabin at embarkation and can be redeemed by booking when on board - mention you will be using the Platinum perk voucher to ensure you are not charged.

Note that Platinum perk is per cabin and not per passenger. Therefore husband and wife in a cabin share the perk and do not get two meals each even if they are both Platinum. My view is that this is unfair.

However' date=' we are travelling on an 11 nighter with my mother who is in an inside on her own and we have swapped the cabin allocations so that the booking shows me and mother together in a balcony and my wife in an inside on her own. Thus, we both each get the platinum benefit i.e. 4 meals for 2 instead of 2! Of course, we will actually be occupying the cabins differently i.e. my mother in the inside and me and DW in the balcony opposite.

Vouchers are placed in the cabin at embarkation and can be redeemed by booking when on board - mention you will be using the Platinum perk voucher to ensure you are not charged.[/quote']You might want to check out if you wife gets two dinners for two, because this is what it says in NCL FAQ about the Platinum dinners:

No, this benefit is delivered as two dinners for two per stateroom. Solo travelers get two dinners for one. You cannot split the voucher in to two separate vouchers and redeem the dinners on two separate evenings. The benefit is only if there are two guests dining on the same visit.

I have heard that if one of a couple is Platinum and the other Platinum Plus they both get two dinners for two. Is that true?

You might want to check out if you wife gets two dinners for two, because this is what it says in NCL FAQ about the Platinum dinners:

No, this benefit is delivered as two dinners for two per stateroom. Solo travelers get two dinners for one. You cannot split the voucher in to two separate vouchers and redeem the dinners on two separate evenings. The benefit is only if there are two guests dining on the same visit.

Wow, I hope you are wrong - this was done with the full knowledge of our NCL PCC who confirmed that this would be the case. If you are right (and the FAQ suggests you are), then I will not be happy!

Wow' date=' I hope you are wrong - this was done with the full knowledge of our NCL PCC who confirmed that this would be the case. If you are right (and the FAQ suggests you are), then I will not be happy![/quote']Why would you not be happy, all three of you will be getting two free dinners?

Wow' date=' I hope you are wrong - this was done with the full knowledge of our NCL PCC who confirmed that this would be the case. If you are right (and the FAQ suggests you are), then I will not be happy![/quote']

Why?

Don't you think its great to be given two free dinners and wine?

What more did you want - I am not quite following you - what did you feel you were entitled to?

I just traveled solo 4 times since July on 3 different ships. Star, Sun and Dawn.

All of them had the same blue backed voucher with the dinner for 2 vouchers. In the past, some cruises were given the option to split and get 2 single meals. This is NOT available any longer, although, there probably is somebody who claims that they get it. :)

So= you CAN bring one guest. Otherwise if dining alone the voucher is simply redeemed without any left over value. I was told on the Sun, I could order 2 of the inclusions. (yeah, right, I can't finish a regular portion :) )

So we are traveling with 3 platinum guests in one cabin....we used to each get 2 dinners for 2 plus 2 bottles of wine...now it seems we would only get 2 dinners for 2 and 1 bottle of wine...is this correct? If so, they are reducing the platinum benefits....ugh!

I know it's individual choice.. Do you tip and how much would be considered appropriate if the dinner is a Platinum perk??

We just returned from our cruise. Looked over our receipts. Speciality dining includes 18%tip , which you paid when you selected that promo. I looked on our Plat Lat dinner and it also indicates that a tip of 18% is included in the check. I did not see this at the time of service and added additionally a tip of 18% to check. We did not tip additionally on speciality dinners, mostly due to lack of service.

I am traveling with other Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador guests in the same stateroom? Do we each get a voucher?

No. If there are 2 Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in one stateroom, only one Welcome Back Card will be delivered. This gives the correct number of Dinner for Two vouchers the guests are entitled to.

For 3rd and 4th Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered.

If there is only a 3rd Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador member in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered but this guest will be treated as a solo traveler who get one dinner only. The benefit is only if there are 2 guests dining on the same visit.

https://www.ncl.com/faq#i-am-traveling-other-platinum-platinum-plus-or-ambassador-guests-same-stateroom-do-we-each-get-v

I just traveled solo 4 times since July on 3 different ships. Star, Sun and Dawn.

All of them had the same blue backed voucher with the dinner for 2 vouchers. In the past, some cruises were given the option to split and get 2 single meals. This is NOT available any longer, although, there probably is somebody who claims that they get it. :)

So= you CAN bring one guest. Otherwise if dining alone the voucher is simply redeemed without any left over value. I was told on the Sun, I could order 2 of the inclusions. (yeah, right, I can't finish a regular portion :) )

I can absolutely confirm this . Last time I cruised solo I was specifically told by Lattitudes rep and F&B director that NCL will no longer allow split vouchers for solos...