Disappointing New Years

cruisequeen4ever

I believe this website is called "Cruise Critic", not "Guilt Trip fellow cruisers about unfortunate happenings in the Caribbean because they expect a company to uphold their end of a deal." Nice try. While I do feel great sorrow for those people, this is not about anything happening on other islands. It's about a mistake a cruise company made and promptly corrected. You could easily guilt trip any number of people on this forum for offering criticism about a cruise line during a time in which people are going through great hardship. It makes no sense.

Amen. This is a cruise forum. People are allowed to ask or vent about cruise issues.

First world problems....dang right. If you're on this forum for any reason that is what you have, first world problems. There is nothing wrong with that. It is a cruise forum.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anytime we’ve missed a port, the cruise line has always refunded the port charges. If you’re going to continue cruising, get used to missing ports. It happens all the time for various reasons and getting mad or upset won’t change anything.

This is not our first rodeo. Missing ports has occurred in several of our cruises. It does suck when you're looking forward to one, though. I am one who loves a sea day as much or more than a port day, but my DH loves his port days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just so you are aware and make your excursions plans soon. Jan 1 will include the Thompson Celebration ship Holland America's Veendam. Both ships have been scheduled for well over a year. Both are small ships....but that is what normally docks in Martinique.

The Veendam is unfortunately not going to be in port in Martinique on 1/1. I say unfortunately because we were actually supposed to be on that cruise, but a few months ago, Holland America jumped on the Cuba bandwagon and canceled our perrrrrfect Caribbean cruise itinerary in favor of a Cuba/Western Caribbean cruise. We are diehard Princess loyalists, so I was thrilled to jump on the Regal, but that Veendam Itinerary was sure sweet!

Back to this Regal cruise...We found a great tour company that will take us exactly where we wanna go in Martinique, so we are all set now. [emoji106]

Cruisequeen4ever, I appreciate your question. You just asked if anyone has experience or knowledge of what Princess will do in this situation, and as it turns out, they honor their words. I'm so glad. Your DH is a prince. His replies to the vitriol are so calm and well stated. Hope the two of you have a blast.

Thank you! [emoji3] He sure is, and he accompanies me on countless cruises because I live, sleep, and breathe cruising. Hence why I reallllly wanted him to get his ports on this cruise! [emoji5]

Amen. This is a cruise forum. People are allowed to ask or vent about cruise issues.

First world problems....dang right. If you're on this forum for any reason that is what you have, first world problems. There is nothing wrong with that. It is a cruise forum.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Exactly; my "actual" problems I wouldn't be sharing on Cruise Critic! Cruise Critic is my respite from stress!

.....it really does feel like you're in France....

That is because you ARE in France (and for that matter the EU) just as much as you are in the USA (and for that matter NAFTA) when you are in Hawaii.

That is because you ARE in France (and for that matter the EU) just as much as you are in the USA (and for that matter NAFTA) when you are in Hawaii.

Yep, and the people there proudly say that they are more French than those who live in France!