Anthem- Which dining room for My Time?

I was on the Anthem in February 2016 (the infamous "that-was-not-a-hurricane" cruise that got turned around) and they still were cycling passengers with set dining through the four dining rooms. We are cruising for Thanksgiving and have My-Time dining and would like to know which of the four restaurants is assigned for that service. Definitely looking forward to going back on the ship and trying out all of the activities we missed out on the first time around.

I saw someone post that American Icon was for pre-reserved times and Silk for walk-up. Do you know if that is the case?

Actually the signs in front of the dining rooms make it seem that way. But, that is not the case. The signs say left side is for reservations and right side is for no reservations, leading everyone to believe that American Icon (the left side restaurant) is for reservations and Silk (the right side restaurant) is for walk ups. In reality, both restaurants have two lines to accommodate with and without reservations at both restaurants. Since most people don't know this, you can avoid a longer wait by getting on the Silk line if you have reservations or the American Icon line if you don't.

When we went on the Anthem we did my time dining and could choose between any of the four complementary dining venues we wanted for any evening.

We went online prior to the cruise and set up reservations to rotate a complimentary dining room every night and after the forth night we just started the same rotation over again. The menus did change in all the restaurants after the forth night. Although we made reservations with the my time dining we could of changed them at any time and could of also just walked up to any of the four with no problem.

When we went on the Anthem we did my time dining and could choose between any of the four complementary dining venues we wanted for any evening.

We went online prior to the cruise and set up reservations to rotate a complimentary dining room every night and after the forth night we just started the same rotation over again. The menus did change in all the restaurants after the forth night. Although we made reservations with the my time dining we could of changed them at any time and could of also just walked up to any of the four with no problem.

That sounds like Dynamic Dining which was discontinued about a year ago. Now all four restaurants have the same menu each night which changes nightly. You cannot reserve a specific restaurant. If you are in late or early dining, you will be assigned to Chic or the Grande. It you are MTD, you will eat in Silk or American Icon.

We just booked this ship today for June 2018 and had to go with my time dining as that was the only option. I'm shocked by this since we are this far out as I usually book in Jan or Feb and have always been able to get the early seating which is definitely what we prefer. But if I can go online and book times ahead of the cruise that's what I want to do. Are we able to book the same table or at least the same waiters as we love having the same one for the week?

We just booked this ship today for June 2018 and had to go with my time dining as that was the only option. I'm shocked by this since we are this far out as I usually book in Jan or Feb and have always been able to get the early seating which is definitely what we prefer. But if I can go online and book times ahead of the cruise that's what I want to do. Are we able to book the same table or at least the same waiters as we love having the same one for the week?

You may be able to book the same time each night, but there is no selection for table location or waiter. They will do their best to give you the same table and wait staff, but it may not happen every night.

Also, if you would prefer early dining, contact whoever booked your cruise and ask to be put on the wait list.

We are just off the Anthem and had MTD. The hostess always asked if we wanted the same waiter. We opted for the better table (two top window). We preferred the American Icon. You can show up whenever you want. Since they were changing show times during our cruise, we just showed up (not at our reservation time).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should book online for the same time each night. On the first night of the cruise, let the hostess know you would like to have the same wait staff each night and that you have already booked the same time each night. When we cruised last month, every night they went out of their way to give us the same wait staff if that was what we wanted.