Ultimate Dining Ala Carte credit change

robsmom

A few months ago I booked the ultimate dining package for our Anthem cruise in October. At the time, one of the things that factored into my decision was that the Ala Carte credit was $50 per meal versus $35 for a 3 or 5 night plan. RCCL has now changed the description to be $35. I am certain I am not confused as I found another post from August in which someone quoted the additional details when asking a question and it shows $50. It is a cut and paste by that person so no proof that it was from RCCL. I also have no screen print. Has anyone dealt with this change? Is there anything I can do at this point? Thanks.

You could take a copy of your dated confirmation and dispute the $35 limit once onboard.

Also, I don't know how many restaurants are a la carte on Anthem, but if it's just Izumi, I certainly could not eat $35 worth of food there.

Sept. 14 sailing on Anthem - With a 3 restaurant package, $50 pp credit for Izumi. Ordered a lot of food and still could not spend it all. Also enjoyed Jamies and our favorite every time, Wonderland. Ask for Bogden.

Have the package booked as well for my coming cruise on Ovation and with the information 50 dollars being included in ala carte restaurants. I think I have the conditions stored somewhere as well.

Thanks all. jezzaC I'd you have a copy let me know. Would love to have it just in case. I am not worried about Izumi for lunch, but think there is a chance that we would hit for than $35 for dinner. My husband is. Sushi eater and could easily eat three rules. I do not eat sushi, so I may never use more than $35. i am not sure if the Anthem has the hot rocks for dinner. Either way, it is probably not much money, but It would be nice to have the $50 if we needed. I also appreciate the confirmation from others that I am not nuts and am remembering the terms correctly.

we are cruising on Sunday from Boston and have the same dining package. we have nothing that specifies the 50$ credit but that was the same for use when we booked. This is very irritating to say the least. Is taking a screen shot when you book something what we have come to now since we never know when they are going to change the terms??

Thanks all. jezzaC I'd you have a copy let me know. Would love to have it just in case. I am not worried about Izumi for lunch, but think there is a chance that we would hit for than $35 for dinner. My husband is. Sushi eater and could easily eat three rules. I do not eat sushi, so I may never use more than $35. i am not sure if the Anthem has the hot rocks for dinner. Either way, it is probably not much money, but It would be nice to have the $50 if we needed. I also appreciate the confirmation from others that I am not nuts and am remembering the terms correctly.

You are correct it did state $50 for a few weeks but prior to that it was $30 or $35.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are correct it did state $50 for a few weeks but prior to that it was $30 or $35.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think Ultimate Dining Package has covered 50 dollars for ala carte from the beginning. Specialty dining package had limit for 30 dollars in ala carte. Those are two different packages.

I have it but it also has my information in it - so not anxious of sharing it. However I think RCCL knows that previous limit was 50 dollars and since you purchased during that time - I am pretty sure they will honor that. Usually they have honored existing bookings when change has been done to worst.

I’m on Oasis now, and to make matters even worse, nobody on here seems to understand the program either. I had understood the program to be $50? a la carte at any restaurant not having a set fee but the guy in vintages just told me it wasn’t and I thought it would be ok just for the tapas. I searched for a pdf online that I could use but couldn’t find anything but the usual blog post that shows up any time I search for RCCL stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m on Oasis now, and to make matters even worse, nobody on here seems to understand the program either. I had understood the program to be $50? a la carte at any restaurant not having a set fee but the guy in vintages just told me it wasn’t and I thought it would be ok just for the tapas. I searched for a pdf online that I could use but couldn’t find anything but the usual blog post that shows up any time I search for RCCL stuff.

I have never known tapas at VIntages to be included in any dining package.

Neither had I but then again I’d never known of an a la carte restaurant in a dining package and in the absence of anything official from RCI nobody can clarify this for me. I can’t get back to my cruise planner that had the details. Maybe I’ll send an email or just go to guest services and ask them.

Neither had I but then again I’d never known of an a la carte restaurant in a dining package and in the absence of anything official from RCI nobody can clarify this for me. I can’t get back to my cruise planner that had the details. Maybe I’ll send an email or just go to guest services and ask them.

A la carte restaurants have been part of dining packages since the beginning of dining packages. Izumi, Sabor, and Rita's Cantina are examples of restaurants that have been a la carte. Rita's appears to be gone now, Sabor has gone to flat rate, but Izumi still maintains a la carte items. Not sure of the status of Jamie's on Quantum class.

For our January 2018 Oasis cruise, I was contemplating which dining package to get...ultimate...3-day....4-day..... I have been looking at them for a month or so, and always noticed that the advantages of the ultimate package, above being 7-days in length, were the ability to have lunch in the specialty restaurants and a $50 credit towards the ala carte restaurants. That was until today.

Today I checked the dining packages and noticed that the credit towards the ala carte restaurants for the ultimate dining package was reduced to $35.

Probably will not alter our decision, we will most likely go with he 4-day package and eat in Coastal Kitchen the other nights, as this will be our first Sky Class experience.

Another lessening of the value of something, especially as far as dining goes.........

mac_tlc

I also ordered the Ultimate Package based on the $50 ala carte credit. My desire was to hit Izumi at least twice on our 5 day cruise (is that allowed?) If they lowered to $35 and don't allow the $50, I will also want to lower my specialty nights to maybe 3.

I put an email into RCl. Wonder what they will say. Not happy about this.

I think package can't be used in Vintages since it doesn't count as "Specialty dining" restaurant. However I am trying to use it in Ovation Michael's Genuine Pub - since it has been listed in Specialty Dining and has ala carte pricing.

That’s the part that isn’t clear to me either and I’m one of those that likes it in writing because hearsay doesn’t get one too far when prices are at issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat, as it were, in that back in August I purchased our ultimate dining package for our Ovation o/t Seas cruise in January 2018.

The package was purchased when the T&C still stated a $50 credit would be given in à la carte restaurants so to get clarification whether the new updated $35 would apply to us even though we booked under previous, better T&C I sent a question via Royal's website at https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/contactUsOnline.do

The reply I received, in writing stated that:

Please be advised that verifying in the terms and conditions of this

package, and when you booked this Unlimited Dining Package you will be

receive $50 credit towards food.

Be advised that this will not be valid for Chef's Table, Izumi Hibachi, or

Culinary Experiences/Activities.

This reply came from the Australian Cruise Administration department, to which I guess my question was forwarded because my cruise is in Australia and booked on the .com.au site. I've left out in the quote above the contact details of the person who replied but it's a confirmation by Royal Caribbean and I plan to print this reply and take it with me on our cruise, so I can show it when we are dining à la carte and get the $50 credit each we are entitled to.

I had read on the board that Tapas at Vintages were included for some and also for those in Star Class . Does anyone know if that is accurate or are they not included period?

I had read on the board that Tapas at Vintages were included for some and also for those in Star Class . Does anyone know if that is accurate or are they not included period?

I thought just about every food and drink on the ship was included for Star Class.

cruiserke;54331287']I'm in the same boat' date=' as it were, in that back in August I purchased our ultimate dining package for our Ovation o/t Seas cruise in January 2018.

The package was purchased when the T&C still stated a $50 credit would be given in à la carte restaurants so to get clarification whether the new updated $35 would apply to us even though we booked under previous, better T&C I sent a question via Royal's website at https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/contactUsOnline.do

The reply I received, in writing stated that:

This reply came from the Australian Cruise Administration department, to which I guess my question was forwarded because my cruise is in Australia and booked on the .com.au site. I've left out in the quote above the contact details of the person who replied but it's a confirmation by Royal Caribbean and I plan to print this reply and take it with me on our cruise, so I can show it when we are dining à la carte and get the $50 credit each we are entitled to.

Also going Ovation from Australia. Luckily have taken screenshot when I made the booking. Seems that thing is clear and will also get 50USD worth credit in ala carte.

Also going Ovation from Australia. Luckily have taken screenshot when I made the booking. Seems that thing is clear and will also get 50USD worth credit in ala carte.

Taking a screenshot or saving the page as a pdf seems to be the best bet for me in the future as well.