Grand Suite or Crown Loft suite on Oasis class ships for family of four?

My family just booked a grand suite on Harmony for November 2018 (8 day Eastern Caribbean). It was a great deal with the kids sail free promotion! I'm a bit concerned though with the size of the GS for four people (2 adults, 2 kids, ages 10 and 11). Has anyone sailed with 2 older kids on the sofa bed in a GS? How was the storage/closet space? We could also do the Crown Loft suite. I'm tempted due to the two bathrooms and separate living area. While still a "deal", it increases the price by about $2,000! Would it be worth it? Other option would be just to do a junior suite, which saves about $2,000 off cost of Grand suite, but then are getting smaller room and no Sky Class benefits.

As a bit of background, our last cruise we did 2 adjoining balconies which worked out well, but with the kids sail free promotion, its actually better to have us all in one room. We've also had all 4 of us in a junior suite, which worked ok, but the kids were younger at that time (5 and 7). Any thoughts? Thanks!!

Edited by ToothDoc78

I am a big fan of the CLS. We have been in one on Allure with our nephew, he was 20 at the time and the second bathroom was a very nice plus, with two more people it would be even better. Also, having him downstairs made it feel much less crowded than if we had been in a single level room. The perks are the same so no win there, but deck 17 is quiet, near Coastal Kitchen/Suite Lounge which means you will probably use them more. It also feels less crowded than the long corridors, they are wider on 17 which is nice. Only you can decide if it is worth the extra $2,000, but they are great rooms to sail in. Have a great time. We were just on the Harmony with out niece (in a SLS) last month and really enjoyed it.

I agree with SorcerorTim, if you have the opportunity deffo a Crown Loft with extra people.

I was very lucky and had one a few weeks back on Harmony, just me solo. It was wonderful of course and just around the corner from lounge for food and drinks, perfect.. Windjammer is only one floor down too as you may prefer to eat ther sometimes.

The extra bedroom and bathroom on the first level of the CL would be perfect if traveling with children or another couple maybe....

if you can, grab it!

Prices change all the time and you are far out.

I booked mine within 2 weeks of sailing date as a last minute and got it for >50% less than regular price, you just never know. Good luck with your decision.

We have done the GS on Mariner, OS on Allure and Oasis, and CLS on Oasis. No question, I would do the CLS for four. The two bathrooms alone would be worth the price. Not to mention much closer to the SL, two TV's, and at least some privacy being on two separate levels.

I agree with SorcerorTim, if you have the opportunity deffo a Crown Loft with extra people.

I was very lucky and had one a few weeks back on Harmony, just me solo. It was wonderful of course and just around the corner from lounge for food and drinks, perfect.. Windjammer is only one floor down too as you may prefer to eat ther sometimes.

The extra bedroom and bathroom on the first level of the CL would be perfect if traveling with children or another couple maybe....

if you can, grab it!

Prices change all the time and you are far out.

I booked mine within 2 weeks of sailing date as a last minute and got it for >50% less than regular price, you just never know. Good luck with your decision.

Does a CL have a second bedroom. I know in a sky loft there is only 1 bedroom

Thank you for the replies! There is only 1 bedroom in the CLS, but it is up a level from the main living area, so more separated. I'm leaning towards switching. Would they be able to set up a rollaway bed in the lower area of the CLS so the kids don't have to share the sofa bed? They're still small enough to share, but sometimes separate beds just works better!

Now we're debating on switching from Harmony to Oasis - same week, different itinerary (Western vs. Eastern) and 1 day less, but can get CLS for same cost as GS on Harmony. We've been on Oasis before and loved it, but wondering if it's worth the extra $$ for the "newness" of Harmony? While I prefer the ports on the Harmony cruise, we cruise more for the ship activities than the ports. Hmm... decisions!! Unfortunately I know if I decide to switch, I'll also be out the $400 due to the non-refundable deposit. Hate that!! Ugh!

I would say yes on a rollaway bed. But it might be a tad tight. One suggestion with a rollaway would be asking to not have the couch pulled out at night. That would give a bit more room for a roll away.

Second floor looking down

20170108013125-a279ab8b-me.jpg

Couch pulled out

20170108024842-9ec1411b-me.jpg

Sent from a mobile device

We were in CLS on Allure in August. Four adults with 2 sharing sofa bed.

The suite comfortably accommodated 4 and I was really impressed with the space and amenities. Also, they are located on deck 17 which is close to the suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen.

I have never stayed in GS so can't compare but in future will always go for CLS if 4 are sharing. Alternative is Aquatheatre which we have stayed in before and enjoyed it very much.

Thanks for the replies! If we switch from Harmony Eastern 8 night to Oasis Western 7 night, we can get CLS for same cost as JS that week! Thoughts? We've been on Oasis before and have seen most ports on both routes. We are actually scheduled to visit same Eastern 8 night ports this November on Freedom, but I'm guessing that's going to be switched within the next couple weeks.

Thanks for the replies! If we switch from Harmony Eastern 8 night to Oasis Western 7 night, we can get CLS for same cost as JS that week! Thoughts? We've been on Oasis before and have seen most ports on both routes. We are actually scheduled to visit same Eastern 8 night ports this November on Freedom, but I'm guessing that's going to be switched within the next couple weeks.

I'd go for the CLS.

I would definitely go for CLS.