Uncertainty about ports still? Planning excursions, etc.

mouseRD

We'll be on the Allure sailing November 12, Eastern Caribbean. Really looking forward to being on this beautiful ship and the relaxation of cruising. It seems like RC may be leaning toward keeping the original ports for this sailing, but I'm still feeling "wait and see". Just wanting to see what others are doing about planning excursions, specialty restaurants, etc. If ports may be changed closer to the cruise date and even the days/times we visit certain islands may be different, I'd rather hold off on planning to avoid having to make a lot of last minute changes.

Wait and see pretty much sums it up for some ports right now.

Our December and January cruises include St Thomas, St Croix, St Maarten, Dominica and San Juan. We aren't making any plans at this point for those stops. Not gonna' worry about it, the ships will go somewhere and we'll be on board:)

They are working on rescheduling the last two weeks of October, so it will be at least a week or two before you find out about any itinerary changes. Reports are that first cruise ships will be visiting St Marteen on 11/11. San Juan & St Thomas may not be ready until December.

I would think it would better to wait. With the Allure down on power until Jan Royal has limited options.

With that said I read on the Port Board that St Martin has a target date of 11-11 to open again to at least some cruise ships so you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We'll be on the Allure sailing November 12, Eastern Caribbean. Really looking forward to being on this beautiful ship and the relaxation of cruising. It seems like RC may be leaning toward keeping the original ports for this sailing, but I'm still feeling "wait and see". Just wanting to see what others are doing about planning excursions, specialty restaurants, etc. If ports may be changed closer to the cruise date and even the days/times we visit certain islands may be different, I'd rather hold off on planning to avoid having to make a lot of last minute changes.

Yes, do the research, and reserve your tours and specialty restaurants. Some tours quickly sell out. Any tours reserved with the RCI Shore Excursion would be fully refundable if by chance the ship does not go to that port. For other shore excursions booked with another company (non-RCI), make sure you have a 100% refundable deposit if the ship misses that port.

I don't normally buy the internet package on most cruises, but this might be a reason to do so. It is going to be difficult for everyone the next several months or parts of a year. I don't have to worry about this again until around February or March of next year, but the excursions I'll research I'll make sure email contact is made with many of them and verify their refund policy. Overall, I've found these people pretty accommodating and they probably will be even more so in coming months.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions/input! cb at sea - Great idea - we don't always do formal excursions for each port but just having an idea of what is available is a good suggestion. I've already looked up some things for Costa Maya and I'll check out Cozumel too since some of the current itinerary changes have included these.