Which side of Dream?

isladonna

I have the option of the left or right side of Dream, out of NO. Which is best for viewing going into ports, if anyone knows? Or port or starboard, is that the official language LOL.

port is on left, right?

Thanks, Donna

We now book only starboard Lido balconies on Dream, Breeze, and Magic because smoking is allowed on the port side of the Lanai on deck 5.

Yes, it does drift upwards, even when the ship is moving. We had a port balcony on Lido on our first Dream cruise and experienced the smoke drifting up five decks first hand.

Port side out of NOLA has the advantage of being able to see ships going the opposite way. If there is another Carnival ship (Triumph?) in port you may be able to see them as you leave/arrive, (e.g. if your cruise ends on Sunday and the Triumph sails on Saturday, you will meet on the river Saturday night). Seeing another cruise ship closing at 20 knots and passing within 200' is pretty neat!

Other than that, personal preference overrides any other reasons.

I always book the port side. I just like it. Also, I have watched the Dream leave NO via the webcam and see that the ship makes a 180 degree turn once it leave the docking area and when it sails down the Mississippi, the port side gets to see the French quarter when leaving port.

Port side out of NOLA has the advantage of being able to see ships going the opposite way. If there is another Carnival ship (Triumph?) in port you may be able to see them as you leave/arrive, (e.g. if your cruise ends on Sunday and the Triumph sails on Saturday, you will meet on the river Saturday night). Seeing another cruise ship closing at 20 knots and passing within 200' is pretty neat!

Other than that, personal preference overrides any other reasons.

We were on the Elation and passed the Dream in the river. It was a rush as that huge ship blew by us.

I have the option of the left or right side of Dream, out of NO. Which is best for viewing going into ports, if anyone knows? Or port or starboard, is that the official language LOL.

port is on left, right?

Thanks, Donna

Just got off yeaterday. We were Port Fwd. Beautiful view of island in Honduras

On Cozumel. ...would have been ocean viewing but 5 ships in port...had a view of Vista.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app