Glitch in Princess system?

crows nest club

We are long time cruisers with Princess. Yesterday we booked two cruises on Sapphire Princess ex Southampton 2018, because of the new offer for obc of $100 - $200 p.p according to cabin and length of cruise.

Our cruise personaliser is NOT showing this credit - despite previously showing this in all previous cruises. Our T/A cannot answer this as they cannot access customer's personalisers for security reasons.

Anyone else booked as from yesterday have this problem? We are in UK. TIA.

Glitch,

We are long time cruisers with Princess. Yesterday we booked two cruises on Sapphire Princess ex Southampton 2018, because of the new offer for obc of $100 - $200 p.p according to cabin and length of cruise.

Our cruise personaliser is NOT showing this credit - despite previously showing this in all previous cruises. Our T/A cannot answer this as they cannot access customer's personalisers for security reasons.

Anyone else booked as from yesterday have this problem? We are in UK. TIA.

Glitch,

Did you make a standard deposit or use FCD's?

If you made standard deposits and the charge went thru, you should be able to verify the amounts in your CC account online. This is assuming that your TA does a 'pass thru' with your payments made by CC.

If the amounts show up correctly I would think there is little to worry about. Give it a little time to sort out.

Not to change the subject but I also found an obc missing. I received the FCC obc and also a promotional obc on a cruise I booked over a year ago. I transfered it to my ta before final payment. When I looked at my cruise personalizer a couple weeks later, the promotional obc was not there and it was not on the invoice from my ta. I called Princess and the lady told me that since I paid and received obc with my platinum AMEX, I lost the promotional obc. She said the two can not be used together. I have been paying for three or four cruises a year for the last 10 years or so and have always received them.

Is this something new?

OP, do you have other obc's that are not allowed to be combined together?

Not to change the subject but I also found an obc missing. I received the FCC obc and also a promotional obc on a cruise I booked over a year ago. I transfered it to my ta before final payment. When I looked at my cruise personalizer a couple weeks later, the promotional obc was not there and it was not on the invoice from my ta. I called Princess and the lady told me that since I paid and received obc with my platinum AMEX, I lost the promotional obc. She said the two can not be used together. I have been paying for three or four cruises a year for the last 10 years or so and have always received them.

Is this something new?

No. Only have DHs military credit on one cruise and paid by visa debit card. Other cruise have FCD credit and military credit which are credits that can be combined with any other obc, as over the past 20 years. Have not used any other ccards with benefits or points.

I'm not sure if this is helpful or not, but my OBC appears in 2 different places in my Cruise Personalizer. OBC I was gifted from my TA appears when I click the Payments/Credits tab. OBC that came from Princess PR is listed when I click OnBoard Reservations and scroll all the way down. Both are listed when I click Print Travel Summary from the Documents or Boarding pass pages. Interestingly if I try to book and pay for an excursion or dinner reservation, it will only apply the OBC from the TA.

This is not true, your TA can access your cruise personalizer through Polar Online. If they do not want to do that (for whatever reason), they can still view the breakdown of all your OBC thru Polar Online/Pricing Summary/View Onboard Credit.

This is not true, your TA can access your cruise personalizer through Polar Online. If they do not want to do that (for whatever reason), they can still view the breakdown of all your OBC thru Polar Online/Pricing Summary/View Onboard Credit.

Thanks for that. Have since been contacted by my T/A again and said that they have managed to access my cruise personalizer and obc for the recent offer is showing there and will appear on my invouce/booking confirmation from Princess which is due in next 7 days. Did wonder if this was an Android smart phone glitch doing this. As we are in UK possibly may be just Princess UK. She is going to keep it in diary to recheck.

Thanks for help already given.

Is this something new?

AMEX's CPP is not combinable with every other promos. Certain promos cannot be combined with CPP. Here is AMEX's blurb about combinability:

• Combinable with publicly available offers, nationally available tactical offers, discounted promotional faires, launch pricing, early booking discounts, past passenger programs/discounts, regional discounts,cruise tour programs, groups and Amex groups.
  • Combinable with Amex Cruise Groups.
  • Not combinable with World Cruises including segments.
  • Not combinable with FLASH, Travel Agent, Interline fares, any promotions launched inside final payment, specially negotiated and targeted rates, and/or National Account shipboard credit offers.
  • Not combinable with other American Express Card offers.

Thanks to everyone above for their replies. Cannot get any further info from Princess why this doesn't show in Cruise Personaliser, but they do confirm that it is showing ok on their system. Will just make sure I take the Princess booking confirmation when we go (we usually only take a screen print of our Personalizer Payments and Credits page).

Still have the same problem of Princess obc not showing on our cruise personaliser, despite great efforts from our t/a in trying to get an answer. Rang Princess direct ladt werk and was told "possibly a glitch in the system and they were fixing it". Think this is only a convenient reply to placate customer. Have over $600 not showing We are in UK and booked under the current 3 October - 21 December offer.

Anyone else recently booked using this?

I know it's frustrating but this is why you have a TA...they know how you booked and the cruise is not until 2018...let it go until closer to final payment. I've had so many problems many due to "cliches" with Princess and RCI on these issues that I copy my original invoice as you have add notes of my problem and then at final payment check that everything is order.

No need to spin your wheels until closer to sailing in MHO.

Thanks. As you say, just have to go with the flow at the moment. Just feel at the moment, it is only us who has this problem.Will definitely take a copy of my booking confirmation with me and trust the system on board mirrors the invoice.

You've been on CC for awhile so you know the drill....But, even after I am on the ship I wait a few days and then seek a copy of my stateroom account. Then the night(usually midnight or later) before disembarkation, I get another copy to review.

We get the drink package and I've been charged incorrectly many times and but mainly I want to check for OBC from TA etc. Then the final morning I take another look at the final paper work delivered to the cabin......And then at home I keep the total amount handy when my CC bill comes to make sure I was charged correctly.

On a recent cruise I had a dress go missing in the laundry and Princess reimbursed me on the ship and it showed on all my paper work prior to disembarkation...However, on my credit card I noticed the amount was added back on. A quick call to Princess and they cut me a check.

Glad to say that after good work by our T/A and their refusal to be fobbed off with excuses, my on board promotional credit from Princess, is now showing on our Cruise Personaliser as it has done every previous cruise.

Apparently she managed to speak to "someone at Princess who had been there a long time and knew what she was talking about". Well done and has proved one of the benefits of a good T/A

I accessed our cruise personaliser last month to check out the excursions for our cruise. Noticed that our OBC was showing and that we could use it to pay for our pre paid excursions which I proceeded to do. No problems and then at the weekend tried to book another excursion using the remainder of our OBC as part payment and credit card for the remainder of the cost. Much to my shock, there is no OBC showing and that that we still owed the amount for the previously booked excursion! Fortunately I had taken screen shots of the personaliser when I booked the original excursion in September showing that we had OBC and that the excursion was paid for and of course had the receipt from Princess. The weird thing was that at the weekend, in Payments and Credits, shore excursions reservations section it stated that our first excursion was not paid for but when I went into Excursions/reservations, and clicked on View Excursions, there is a link to current reservations which I clicked and it showed that the excursion was reserved and paid for. I contacted both my travel agent and Princess. Princess was very unhelpful and I haven't heard back from the travel agent but checked this morning and my OBC is now showing and and part of it has been used to pay for the first excursion. I then proceeded to book another excursion using the remainder of the OBC and credit card. I have taken screen shots just in case! A glitch in the system? Who knows!

Leigh