Breakway missing GSC?

LoDivaLoca

Hi all, I hear that BA missed GSC this week, and I wanted to know if anyone is on the ship now & can say why. Or, has this happened to anyone recently? (I saw previous posts about this but from years ago.) Extra day in Nassau? Or another sea day? Are we compensated in any way? (I was looking forward to seeing GSC very much, and would be totally bummed if we missed it.... it's one of the main reasons I booked this cruise.) Thanks!

Hi all, I hear that BA missed GSC this week, and I wanted to know if anyone is on the ship now & can say why. Or, has this happened to anyone recently? (I saw previous posts about this but from years ago.) Extra day in Nassau? Or another sea day? Are we compensated in any way? (I was looking forward to seeing GSC very much, and would be totally bummed if we missed it.... it's one of the main reasons I booked this cruise.) Thanks!

It’s missed pretty frequently due to not being able to tender safely. You might get a sea day, or head to Nassau early. No compensation. Never book a cruise if the port is really important to you, especially a tender port.

We have made it to GSC 3 out of 4 cruises.

Stops at GSC are weather driven. Right now there is a disturbance in the general area that is probably making it unsafe to tender. You should never book a cruise hoping that a stop at GSC is made. It is missed more than any other NCL stop. Usually it turns into an extra sea day.

Three years ago we missed GSC and ended up getting to Nassau later that same day. Weather sucked so it really didn't matter where we were

I am on the Breakaway October 1-8 sailing right now and yes, we did miss GSC yesterday. Weather was bad, swells and winds were very high. They even closed down the vibe for the day.

The captain announced that it was to dangerous for the tenders to come out and meet us and transfer passengers to the island. Instead we headed to Nassau and arrived at 4pm

This is the second time this has happened to us. We missed GSC last year also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We made it the first 2 times we went. The next 4 times we missed it. The 2nd time we made it I swear that were tucked in the cove a little away from the weather, maybe not but it seemed like it. That was on the Sun though, much smaller than the bigger ships now.